New Selling format forms

corkibaby
Community Member
Hi, does anyone else hate the new auction selling format? It takes twice as long to post new auctions. If your going to change something please make sure it works better first!!!!X-(
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

New Selling format forms

tobyshitzu
Community Member
Yep, its a good concept having everything on the one page...but it still ended up taking me way longer to get a listing up.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

New Selling format forms

corkibaby
Community Member
I found if you used the same page to list other auctions of simular items you weren't able to change the photo. In the old format it was a breeze to post lot of items at once now I have to open a new page for each listing I do. I also found if you clicked on the edit listing button all of your discription went blank and you had to start from square one again...argggg
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

New Selling format forms

tobyshitzu
Community Member
Yeah I lost the whole description too. I see similar thread on .com ps board. I guess no one at ebay noticed google became #1 .com while having the simplest pages.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

New Selling format forms

pelicanrose
Community Member
It is terrible!!!!! Takes much longer and if you try to use "sell similiar" you can't change the item specifics. Also my photo keeps disappearing when I go back or review and I have to upload it again! Why oh why did they do this??? They increase the insertion fees and then make it more difficult for us to list. Do they really want all of us to quit????????????????
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

New Selling format forms

corkibaby
Community Member
I totally agree....I thought it was just me. Those exact things happened to me...I almosy through the comouter out the window....lol
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

New Selling format forms

pelicanrose
Community Member
I was just looking at the US discusssion board and found the following:

To use the old sell your item format:

go to sell at the top of the page and just below click on the blue link that says "list using the original sell your item form" BINGO _THE OLD WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

New Selling format forms

Sucks big time -- especially the shipping section - frequently getting errors about missing information when the info is there all along... the only work around is too remove USA shipping all to geteher then post the ad and then go and revise the add to now include the USA shipping and costs.

This only works some of the times.

thanks again eBay for really helping us sell more, is there no testing on your party whatsoever, its like you guys just launch new features without testing it first -- reall smart!
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

New Selling format forms

corkibaby
Community Member
Thanks pelicanrose for the info...your right!!! I thought you were joking!! : )
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

New Selling format forms

mereco
Community Member
Relisting an item used to be easy. Click, Click and it was relisted. Listing a new item was also easy. Now it takes you around the world.
Obviously eBay thought that by changing things around it could convince eBay sellers that it is providing them value for the fees it charges.
Advise to eBay. STOP WASTING MONEY DEVISING REPAIRS TO SYSTEMS THAT ARE NOT BROKEN. IF EBAY HAS SPARE MONEY LEFT OVER THINK ABOUT LOWERING THE FEES.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

New Selling format forms

pelicanrose
Community Member
Your welcome Corkibaby!
Pelicanrose
Message 11 of 11
latest reply