New eBay 'My eBay" Glitch

shoplineca
Community Member
I always sign in using the secured sign in. However several times today when clicking on the link to sign in "Secured" rather than standard, the page goes to a default screen and wont allow me to sign in.

The first time it took 30 minutes to be cleared. I am now locked out from signing in "secured" again and cannot get to My eBay to monitor my auctions.

All these wonderful improvements made to my eBay, few requested, less needed, most dont work.

I think I will try signing in "Secured" from the eBay.com US site.

Malcolm

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

shoplineca
Community Member
So I posted the above and eBay diverts me to the sign-in page so naturally I choose the secured sign in link and I get the damn default again and cant get back into this forum for another 15 minutes.

Gotta love all this progress.

No problem siging in secured into My eBay through eBay.com.

Malcolm

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Malcolm, today is the first time in over a week that I've been able to get to the forum from the PS sign-in page -- it's been telling me about cookies, etc. (settings I haven't changed in months). I've had to sign out, then sign back in using my bookmarked page instead. I'd better bookmark PS support, while I can still get to it!

As for checking "my eBay", I'd rather moniter my auctions through my counters. Thanks to someone on the board (sorry, whoever you were, I forgot to pay attention!) I've started using Dave's Books counters -- so far I like what I see.

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Glenda
I was getting those 'non browser supporting cookies' messages for the last week too.

I think eBay is adding so many features (and most without proper testing) that their system is getting bogged down.

I reminds me of people who run their businesses through generating numerous reports on all activities of performance, measuring this and that and providing the statistical results in a hundred different formats until the day a bankruptcy trustee walks in and tells them they are out of business.

They are so caught up in the historical data that they are no longer running their businesses efficiently. They no longer look at the competition or trends or the cost of providing services.

I am totally amazed at the demands by some of the US PSers at wanting data on so many different things.

I believe in the basic philosophy of securing your suppliers to be your partners to help meet the demands of change and competition and keep you price competitive.

Malcolm
Message 4 of 4
latest reply