New feedback system?

So they are basing a new seller feedback system on the amount of sales and canceled transactions? They actually got it wrong, it says that I canceled an order because I was out of stock but that is untrue. I canceled it because I couldn't send it. I think it's time to pack it in for me. Between Canada Post, eBay and Paypal, I've had enough. Anyone know much about selling on Amazon?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

New feedback system?

What was your reason for not shipping the item ?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

New feedback system?

Starting in February, the defect system will be changing.

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2015/seller-standards.html#tab=summaryTab

But even now you do get a defect for a seller initiated cancellation.

If you tell us why it was cancelled we can tell you if you might be able to get it taken off of your record.

Off topic....You might want to have a look at what you are charging for shipping and consider using calculated shipping, especially within Canada. Your costs seem quite high. In some cases, you would be charging double what it would actually cost you to send one of your items to me.  The U.S. costs seem high in some cases too.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

New feedback system?

What they call the cancellation is meaningless. There are only two selectable reasons for cancellation to choose from:

1) Seller problem

2) Buyer request or buyer address problem.

You chose the first. Doesn't matter if you sold something you don't have, lost it, broke it, forgot to ship, didn't feel like shipping, whatever. It all goes under the banner "out of stock". That is simply the name.

Good luck with Amazon.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

New feedback system?

tobyshitzu
Community Member

amazon is fine, but they'll never let you sell the kind of stuff you have listed there.  Cosmetics are one of the categories that "needs approval", and they will never approve a little at home seller.   That keeps most of the fakes that plague ebay out

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

New feedback system?

Seven (7) feedbacks as a seller in a year, and you are threatening to leave? Even at a rate of one to three for feedback to sales that is 21 sales. I have done that in three days and they wouldn't miss me.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

New feedback system?

I'm not expecting anyone to "miss" me and I'm not "threatening" to leave, you actually think anyone from ebay read these forums, let alone cares about any sellers at all? Don't be ridiculous, maybe you need to get out more to get some perspective. Every time I try to get back into it, to get rid of inventory,  I end up leaving out of frustration. I couldn't send my item out because of regulations on items at Canada Post.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

New feedback system?

@reduceddeals wrote:

I'm not expecting anyone to "miss" me and I'm not "threatening" to leave, you actually think anyone from ebay read these forums, let alone cares about any sellers at all? Don't be ridiculous, maybe you need to get out more to get some perspective. Every time I try to get back into it, to get rid of inventory,  I end up leaving out of frustration. I couldn't send my item out because of regulations on items at Canada Post.

In Fed I went on Sea-Commerce Cruise. June I was at eBay Radio Party (met Jordan Sweetnam VP of Seller Experience), Sept  was San Jose and eBay 20th where I met, personally, sat down and chatted one on one with Devin Wenig. 5 years ago in Dallas I met John Donahoe. June 2008 I personally met, one on one, Meg Whitman. Have you spoken one on one about eBay concerns with any of the CEOs? I have.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

New feedback system?

Nope, nor would I want to meet even one of those people! Your answer further illustrates my point, too funny.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply