New!! - from the Disruptive Innovation team at eBay

treasure-pot
Community Member
http://flyer.ebay.com/

They were pretty quiet at eBay about the launch of this. Possibly has some use for larger items you may wish to sell locally if Kijiji isn't getting it done. Or if you just want to drive local traffic to your eBay store or listings.

Bill
treasure-pot

Co-Author of

Bill

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why would someone sell locally and send people to Ebay. I would simply include my phone number & description of item and avoid paying additional fees on Ebay.

Frederic
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

*stealthtech*
Community Member
Just checked it out... I think that its rather neat... I like that I can change some of the fields, so I have added my phone number, address, etc. Something new to try, have to see how it works! Sean

Click to visit sell-ur-stuff.com
http://pages.ebay.ca/theme/mystoryarchive/sean.html

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Interesting. Thanks Bill.

Monique

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Frederic, you have a valid point. In most instances it probably serves no purpose if the item can only be sold locally. Many sellers with eBay stores are looking for ways to drive traffic to them and, I guess, every little bit helps.

Bill
treasure-pot

Co-Author of

Bill

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I think it will be a great way to promote my business. The first place that comes to mind where I can post it is a popular local diner. They get not only local traffic but many tourists as well. Tony Randall ate there once and we chatted with Irv Weinstein from Channel 7 News one evening. (I liked him...he is short too...lol).

I can put my phone number and email address on it too. Many area residents will recognize our products and know where to find them in between our craft shows. If the tourists take the information I may get business that way too. We go in there frequently so I can change the poster whenever the listing ends and put a different product on each one. Everyone has different tastes and I would get an idea of which products attracted the most attention.

Thanks for the link Bill.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply