New on ebay.. Too many questions..

24-7-gift
Community Member

I'm new to ebay..

I want to start by selling video games and I live in Canada.

I can find some nice video games that let me have nice profits after paypal fee+vcf

But I have no idea how much cost it to ship.

Will it just cost $2 to ship a video game from Canada to Canada? (I know it won't have tracking n insurance)

And where can we get the bubble mailer for cheap? Do we need the bubble mailer to protect the video games?

If no can we just use the regular mail canada post provided?

They sell 40 mails for $12.99+tax.

Is there anywhere I can get them for cheap?

Many thanks::0

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you games can fit in a bubble envelope and be under 3/4"/2 cm in thickness you can sen them with cheap LetterMail within Canada.

To the USA or International technically you are supposed to use Light Packet but many people just send them as letters, put stamps on them and drop them in a mailbox. At the counter you may have a rough ride since technically (for no justifiable reason) Canada Post forbids "merchandise" in International LetterPost.

If they exceed the 3/4"/2 cm thickness try using a non-bubble envelope perhaps with some thin cardboard or only one thickness of bubble wrap.

You can buy bubble envelopes in bulk (250/case) and get a good price (15 - 20 cents a piece). If you don't need that many Dollarama is an option.

For (smallish) bulk quantities you want a local supplier, Google "shipping supplies" + your city name to find one.

If there is no one close by then try U-Line or Staples Industrial (the wholesale division of Staples).

Here's a tip.....try to find something to replace the dropshipping stuff you are doing now, while dropshipping can work it usually doesn't.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I notice that your items are shipped within the U.S. using UPS. If they are also shipped from the U.S. to Canada with UPS you will have some very unhappy customers as they will likely have to pay higher brokerage fees than if the item had been sent with USPS

Message 3 of 3
latest reply