New "phishing" attempt

muminlaw
Community Member
I've recently gotten a couple of very good "ask seller a question" emails asking about when the buyer could expect delivery of their item. I didn't recognize the name of the buyer so I check in "my messages" - not there! Then I checked the item number quoted - not mine (not even close!) so I forwarded with headers to spoof@ebay.com. Sure enough - it was bogus.

It really looked real (no spelling or grammar errors) so be aware - go to your "my messages" through your browser to be sure it really is a legit Q4S. Just DON'T click on the "respond now" button!
. Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

New "phishing" attempt

I received one today that was disguised as an "eBay Bid Cancelled" e-mail. I no longer advertise my company's e-mail address in my listings so I suspect one of my bidder/buyers who recently ended up NPB pretended to purchase a product of mine just to get the e-mail address for my account. The e-mail was "personalized" with my e-mail address in the body of the e-mail. It, too, had no grammar or spelling mistakes.

Don't click on those links!!!

Ernie.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

New "phishing" attempt

but what if they say i just bought a rolex watch????...lol....yes all beware
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

New "phishing" attempt

Some of them are getting harder to recognize. Ebay should find new ways so this does not happen anymore. We keep getting this email from buyer with message "I am still interested in your item please make me an offer"(Almost got fooled the first time I saw it) And all these emails from Paypal and Ebay that your account has been suspended.

Frederic
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

New "phishing" attempt

dwaxman1
Community Member
I must get 5 to 10 a day,but the smart thing to do is to advertise one EMAIL in your listings and a different one on your account with ebay and paypal, then you know that those bogus emails that arrive to the one advertised address are just that bogus, ebay and paypal don't have that EMAIL address therefore it is just those idiots who are trying to rip you off and fool you. I had to learn that the hard way but I will never be fooled again!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply