New seller ~Nice to meet all of you in the big family~

toysfactory77
Community Member
I am also a new powerseller. I want to ask for some advises from the pros. Here are some questions regarding the shipping below:

1) Any suggestion on Postal service. Canadapost or UPS?

2) Do you like the shipping wizard option and if it is convenience to use.

3)I want to know a bit more about the internet printing label for postage. Do you save a lot more on the shipping cost?

Thank you for your attention.

Will
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

katiusciav
Community Member
hi will...welcome to the ps board...

for postal service, it usually always depends on what you're shipping (ie size, value, destination etc...)...overall, ups is more expensive then canada post but GENERALLY gets there quicker, but they do tend to have higher brokerage fees...
..canada post (in my opinion) has a higher damage rate, however, are generally cheaper (but in some cases, depending where and size and weight, could be cheaper with ups)...

...also, for finer items, ups will only insure a max. of 100.00, whereas canada post insures a max. of 1000.00 to the states and 5000.00 within canada...
...lots of differences between the two, and as you can see, its a very personal choice, whichever meets your needs...

...haven't tried the shipping wizard and i won't try it as i don't trust it will give my cx's the correct quotes, i'd rather quote them myself so i know they have the right info, to prevent confusion after the fact...

...i use paypal shipping labels online and love them...they include the address for you and allows you to purchase and print from home to be able to drop off at any post office or postal drop box...very simple...

...welcome again and hope to hear from you soon...:-)
Kat
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

eureka9988
Community Member
Welcome to the PS Board, Will. I use Canada Post exclusively but my items are small & can fit in a padded envelope. I have had a few items go missing in the mail but that has not happened lately - so, am hoping that they are impoving!
Renee
Message 3 of 3
latest reply