No bank account number on your paypal then no transaction

Paypal has  debited my credit card for 8  years   and I have spent over  $ 8000.00 NOW they won't process a transaction unless I put my  Bank account number on it!!!

For almost  10years  with paypal  that credit card has never been disputed never a late payment never had an outstanding balance

Only used for E-Bay

Paypal says they sends a small amount to deposit  to verify the account and the Canadian banks actually send back the the money if it does not match the information.

I know I can deposit money to a complete strangers account and the bank would not give a flying fig and I would have to bring in legal documents to get anything back but Paypal get their "small deposit" back???

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yep.

That's exactly how it works. You verify that it is your account by telling PP the amount they deposited, and they claw it back.

PP sees no more information than is on any cheque you write by the way.

I agree that it is silly that an account long established with a credit card be required to add a bank account. Did you recently have to replace a lost card or the like? (Don't answer that, it's none of my business.)

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Same card ! That's why the questions

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for reading the post and my vent they have me over a barrel I guess I will have to comply
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If it's any consolation, this isn't Paypal's idea - it's a requirement of the US Homeland security department.

They don't want Paypal being used to launder drug money ( as it used to be) or to pay terrorists.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 5 of 5
latest reply