Non-Paying Bidders

Has anyone seen else seen an increase in NPB's since the beginning of the year?

I have never had this many before. I have probably had more already this year than I have had in just over 2 years selling on eBay.

It is usually the cheaper items though. We have had this discussion on the Board in the past. And I have had my usual increase in Canadian buyers when I list low.

Judy
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Non-Paying Bidders

We saw an increase in December, consummate with an increase in newbies opening accounts for X-mas shopping.

January was a tad above average, which is expected when buyers have to choose between Visa bills and paying for toys.

This month has been fine despite a large increase in sales volume.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Non-Paying Bidders

I was cleaning up my "stuff".....and was preparing to start chasing my 1009 NPB.....

I was a little shocked because I only had one reminder to send out (they paid up the same day).

Had a quite a few leftovers from 2008 that I had to file in the "never going to pay pile".

I even got paid this week by my Gerrman customer who has been building a pile of stuff since the beginning of November.

So my roundabout answer is NO, I've seen a decrease as of late. I would add that since the changes were made to the buyer blocks I'm getting fewer NPB's and many more buyers on my buyer block report (almost all blocked due to 2 strikes in 12 months).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Non-Paying Bidders

Sales on eBay & website are up, and NPB have never been an issue. (Of course there's the odd bone-head, but we all need those to keep us sharp & on top of our game!!)

Cheers,
AXE
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Non-Paying Bidders

Sales are up for me too and most of the non-payers are newbies. I have had a few asking me to cancel their bids too because they "bid by mistake" or "accidentally deleted it and bid on another one". Others just bid and you never hear from them again.

All part of the game.

Judy
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Non-Paying Bidders

bare_bright
Community Member
I noticed a lot more non payers since the famous introduction of seller's not being able to leave negative feedback to buyers

seems a non paying strike don't do to much damage
T.J.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Non-Paying Bidders

glossygirl83
Community Member
In regards to unpaid item strikes... I believe, is that as a seller you need to set your account up to prevent/restrict these people with mutiple unpaid item strikes from being able to bid on your items.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Non-Paying Bidders

n regards to unpaid item strikes... I believe, is that as a seller you need to set your account up to prevent/restrict these people with mutiple unpaid item strikes from being able to bid on your items.

I did that when I started selling on eBay. Some of these are brand new with no strikes against them. They register with eBay, buy a few items, decide they don't want them and then suddenly they have enough strikes against them to be NARU.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Non-Paying Bidders

So far in 2009, I definately note a decrease in non-paying bidders. The only one I filed so far was for a December 2008 purchase. The vast majority of my non paying bidders over the last 4 years have been for smaller ticket items.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Non-Paying Bidders

itrecovery
Community Member
It the same for me. Constant steam of losers who making up stories why they don't want the item. At leas insertion fee is not that bog now. Hate no negative feedback policy, I think e-bay shoudl add a line with feedback page showing how many non-paying situation (any cancellation, not only strickes) this person have had in the past. That would be helpful...
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Non-Paying Bidders

delmontecollection
Community Member
I had a NPB last month........made an offer, I accepted but buyer did not pay. It was a $400 item....tought me a lesson. From now on, those auctions will be require immediate payment. Needless to say, I had to wait to relist the item. No communication from buyer. No valid contact info provided by ebay.........still a registered user. I give up. On the feedback for this buyer, I gave a positive (what choice did I have) but also mentioned the fact that buyer didn't pay and that contact info was not valid. Ebay removed it. I was so frustrated with this........steam still coming out of my ears 2 weeks later! I think there should be a box that stands out in red on the buyers feedback page that indicates an abandoned transaction.......because that is what it was!
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Non-Paying Bidders

One thing I do not do is leave undeserved positive feedback to anyone who doesn't pay, if someone leaves me a feedback that I really do not believe in or needs to be addressed I will reply to that feedback. In that forum you can explain your side.

But to leave positive feedback for a deadbeat, NEVER!!!
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Non-Paying Bidders

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi delmontecollection,

I can most certainly appreciate your frustration with this situation or others similar to it.

However, be careful not to hurt yourself by leaving *positive* feedback that is not positive. You may end up with a policy violation and that is something you want to avoid!

Here's wishing you more big sales along the way!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 13 of 13
latest reply