Non Trackable return label!

I was sent a defective item, I opened up a return, the seller sent me a return label, I printed it out and sent back the item.

Later I went to check the tracking/return status and Canada post had no info on the tracking #.

I called Canada post and they had no info and said to contact the seller.

The seller claims they don't know why the tracking doesn't work.  And they will refund me once the item is returned,.

The label I printed is a Canada Post expedited  parcel label with a tracking # and barcode, with the seller as the to and from.

Whats going on, since there is no tracking how do I prove I returned the item?

I have sent the seller two messages and now they are ignoring me.  

I don't trust this seller at all

Anyone ever see something like this before?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@nyder_inc wrote:

I was sent a defective item, I opened up a return, the seller sent me a return label, I printed it out and sent back the item.

Later I went to check the tracking/return status and Canada post had no info on the tracking #.

I called Canada post and they had no info and said to contact the seller.

The seller claims they don't know why the tracking doesn't work.  And they will refund me once the item is returned,.

The label I printed is a Canada Post expedited parcel label with a tracking # and barcode, with the seller as the to and from.

Whats going on, since there is no tracking how do I prove I returned the item?

Did you get the parcel scanned at the post office/outlet when you mailed it?

That proves Canada Post accepted the parcel and it also proves the bar code number is valid.

It also makes the info available on the Canada Post website (it is not activated until the first scan if the seller arranged the label through CP managed returns).

When was the last time you checked the Canada Post website?

-..-

The other possibility is that you have one of 16 digits incorrect when checking on the Canada Post website.

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The following is from ebay's seller guide on returns but it is also applicable to buyers: 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/return-process.html#resolving

If you choose to provide your own shipping label, you can upload an image of the label (PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, or PDF) with the carrier information and tracking number. When accepting a return, select the "Upload a shipping label" option. Upload the image of the label and select the shipping carrier. If for some reason the tracking number doesn't appear, provide the tracking number. If you choose to use an untracked return label, your buyer will not be required to provide proof of delivery of the return if eBay is asked to step in and help, and you will be responsible for the reimbursement amount. Learn more about the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

I think you're going to have to call eBay Customer Service with this. Do it sooner rather than later. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Turns out the dingbat seller uploaded/entered the wrong tracking number into Ebay. lol
thanks guys

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Good to hear and know.

My concern was there may have been some funny-business with the Return label that you were provided since sellers are not obligated to refund until eBay sees via tracking that the order has been returned. 

The next time you take something to the postal counter (don't leave it in the street box) ask the worker for 'a receipt to show it was mailed'. 

They csn can print a slip of paper that shows they have accepted your package and it has a bar code with your tracking number on it. 

Then you have your own proof of mailing. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply