Offering 2 shipping provider in my CDN listing ! How to do it !

Hello.

I've been looking for months and I'm unable to find the answer.

Somehow my shipping provider default to Canada Post but now I'm listing stuff that is too big for canada post and I'm unable to have UPS in my listing as a shipping provider.

The best would be to have both in my listing so buyer can pickup the shipping provider they want.

If I do a test on eBay.com I can pick ( while listing the item ) USPS , UPS or Fedex but eBay.ca this option doesn't work.

Anyone can help me on this ?us ebay site.JPG

cdn ebay site.JPG

Martin.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

In the images you show of the shipping page, click on Add or Remove options on the similar page on ebay.ca Canada. This will give you a list of options for shipping. Click on UPS and you will now have UPS options available.

How to go further than this and actually use UPS, I do not know.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

[quote]click on Add or Remove options on the similar page on ebay.ca Canada[/quote]

This is the problem , nothing else appears , I'm stuck with Canada Post and righ now I'm listing stuff that exeeds Canada Post dimension so I have to lie on shipping dimension to be able to list my item but I'm getting screwed when the item get sold because shipping is more then advertise and I don't want to explain all that to the buyer.

Anyone can help me on this ?

Martin.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Poco, I see UPS offered as an option with flat rate but not with calculated shipping. Do you see something different?

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I see only UPS under flat rate, not under calculated.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I think you have Canada Post selected as your default carrier in Paypal and that may be blocking UPS.  You can remove the default in your Paypal Profile section, I think.

BTW, the first photo you had was for the US - Canada Post won't be an option on .com, you'll have to jerry-rig it.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Canada Post is not my preferred shipping provider in my PayPal

I even put UPS as my default provider and that doesn't change anything in my eBay , I still cannot remove Canada Post to put UPS neither I can give buyers the choice to choose hot fast they want it or the shipping provider they want to use.

Anyone knows where I can get some help on this ?

Martin.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Yesterday was a good example of the problem I'm having.

I can only list with 1 shipping provider and it is Canada Post , maximum shipping size is smaller then UPS to so I have a lie in my listing to be able to list my product but I know I will get caught and I did yesterday.

The 2 itm I sold shipping was $64.00 in the check out but since sizes were too big I had to go with UPS and my cost was $135.00.

Martin.
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I called eBay and I got told to list on eBay.com and abviously it doesn't work.

So as a Canadian we can't have the shipping calculator to work with UPS , we're stuck with Canada Post .

Martin.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

EbAY DOT COM SHIPPING OPTION.JPG

Martin.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that the Shipping Calculator on eBay.ca is powered by Canada Post which means it won't support any other services.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

OK so anyone can tell me how can I show my cusomer what will be their shipping cost not using the eBay calculator ?

I want to use one supplyer and because of the size restriction I want to go with UPS.

I have spent $81,415.43 CDN the last 13 months in shipping fees so I have enough volume to negociate a good discount but it is very unfair that I'm stuck with Canada Post as my only supplyer using the eBay Calculator.

Martin.
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

You have to use the "Flat Rate Fee" in the shipping section instead of the calculated one.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

My boxes goes from 21x21x21 cm to 140x90x60cm and can be shipped anywhere in North America so it is very hard to evaluated shipping since there is many thing that will influence  the cost ( business , residential , physical location , etc. ) flat rate is not a option unless there is trick to know for sure how much will be shipping .

It is very unfair that we are stuck with Canada Post and also very unfair because of size restriction when listing items.

eBay has a great tool ( shipping calculator ) and we should be able like in the US site , to chose from UPS , Fedex , etc.

I have added UPS in my PayPal but they charge me full retail even if I have negociated 30% off their published price and I was told by PayPal it is the way it is.

Someone need to be shaken a little , it is very frustating.

Martin.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I would guess that UPS or FedEx are just not used by enough sellers on eBay Canada to have these shipping options available in the eBay shipping calculator. It would cost money to program and maintain and the business volume might not be there. I would think that UPS and FedEx would have to pay for the implementation and maintenance costs as well as give a discount. Most likely not enough business.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

I have added UPS in my PayPal but they charge me full retail even if I have negociated 30% off their published price and I was told by PayPal it is the way it is.

If you have negotiated 30% off have you set up an account with UPS? If so, try signing into your account on theUPS site and printing a label from there. Perhaps they will give you the discount if you do it that way.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

eBay does not allow Paypal to allow any other shipping other than what eBay approved (ie: CanadaPOST, USPS, UPS, FEDEX)

eBay makes huge money on a sellers shipping x2 - first that take a percentage of the shipping costs and then again when a seller purchases the label from them. The discount they gives us sellers on shipping labels is so small compared to what they get.

Its all about the money - the only way around this is to use your own commercial account and not use the ebay/paypal shiping at all.

We have negotiated rates with both CanadaPOST and UPS and they supply us with all hardware (scales and thermos printers) and shipping supplies for free.

Shipping is now a nice profit center for us and best of all it pays for the salary of the person doing it. 

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Another old thread from three years ago that should be ignored.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply