Ok I'm confused about all the fuss regarding 20% TRS discount

I have read through the spring seller updates and checklist 3 times now.  Where does it say that Canadian sellers will lose their 20% TRS discount on final value fees if not shipping within 1 business day?

All I see, is that 1 business day shipments with tracking qualify for an extra 5%.

Also, what does this all mean for someone who only ships through lettermail?  Must we use the shipping tools to prove when we ship?

I can't seem to make heads or tails of this and just want to have the right information in hand in order to adjust accordingly.

I know there are quite a few smart contributors on here that are not going to go emotionally awol on me...so I want to hear from you!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"Where does it say that Canadian sellers will lose their 20% TRS discount on final value fees if not shipping within 1 business day?"

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/eTRSupdate.html

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

As before, Canadian sellers who can achieve either the US eTRS designation on eBay.com OR the Global eTRS designation will receive the full 20% final value fee discount on their listings, whether they prefer to list on eBay.com or eBay.ca.

Also as before, Canadians that qualify as US eTRS will receive the program badge on their listings and be promoted in search on eBay.ca, even if they haven't met the Global eTRS requirements. But only sellers who qualify as US eTRS will be badged and promoted on eBay.com.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"Also, what does this all mean for someone who only ships through lettermail?" 

Nothing - business as usual.

Must we use the shipping tools to prove when we ship?

No - you do not have to prove anything.

However, I suggest you revise your listings to show a handling period of one day, as most competitors will.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Ok thanks Pierre.  That was very informative and I will adjust accordingly.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply