Original buyer can leave feedback after someone else accepted second chance offer

beaverbargains
Community Member

To make a long story short some idiot put a super high bid on an item because he thought I would sell it to him for a much lower price (there was some communication issues there apparently). Anyways he won the auction using his friend's account and then expected me to sell him the item for $50 less. So, I just ignored him and offered it to the next person in line.

Now I see this person can still leave feedback for me, even though bidder #2 in line bought and paid for the item. Is this a bug or supposed to be that way?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Original buyer can leave feedback after someone else accepted second chance offer

Hi..If you don't file a mutual cancel or an unpaid dispute , system has no way of knowing that you didn't have 2 items with second chance. Additionally , lose final value fee on the first....

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Both can leave feedback.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Since your first buyer did not pay, if it has been less than 45 days since the auction ended, file an Unpaid Item Dispute with Paypal.

If he does not pay, he gets an Unpaid Item Strike which will make it harder to bid on eBay, you get your fees back, and neither of you can leave feedback. The transaction is ended.

Also add him to your Blocked Bidder List.

Next time, file the UID as soon as possible (96 hours/4 days) and end it as soon as possible (another 96 hours).

BTW, in my experience about half the slow payers who are hit with UIDs pay up and apologize. The other half disappear.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Never just ignore a winner regardless of what they are trying to do. The best thing is to finish the original transaction by filing the unpaid item dispute 4 days after the end of sale and close it 4 days later giving the non payer a strike and you getting your final value fee credit. Once you get your credit, then you make a second chance offer or relist the item.

By the way, not only can the original winner leave feedback if you do not file the dispute and issue a strike, they can also pay for the item using the Pay Now button and you would be obligated to ship the item to them or risk negative feedback.

Always complete original transaction, even if you have to file an unpaid item dispute, before making second chance offers.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply