PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

a1wholesalewatches
Community Member
I bought an item form a prominent member of this group. the item was about $ 125.00 plus shipping. I paid on april 10th, he claimed he sent the item on April 12th, I havent received the item, he is saying that I should wait until Canada Post finish its investigation before he refunds me my money.

The interesting part is there is no tracking number, he claimed he sent the item by ground shipment and there is no tracking.

Can you guys tell me if Canada Post even can invewstigate in this situation, and also want to know if he is right and I should wait until Canada Post finish its investigation.

I paid for this item by paypal and the seller told me it should reach me in 15 BUSINESS DAYS ( the item is coming from next province 1000 kms away ), I am insisiting to seller that I will file for not receiving the item to paypal after 15 BUSINESS DAYS expires which is on Tuesday may 3rd.

I want your feedback to find out how should I react about this situation.

I am using a defferent id than the id with I bought this item so that sellers privacy can be maintained.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

muminlaw
Community Member
I usually bend over backwards to give my trading partner the benefit of any doubt so I would give it more time than the 15 days. I know when I'm the seller in a situation like that, I sure appreciate a patient buyer! Canada Post has been known to screw up -- yes they really have! :^O :^O

You have 30 days with PayPal -- I'd give it some more time.
. Glenda
To Golf or Not To Golf? What a stupid question!
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

shoplineca
Community Member
The problem with CP is they often wont start an investigation until 2 weeks have passed and often that is for a premium service.

While I have found their Express Post and Expedited Post within Canada to be fantastic, I cant comment on the regular ground parcel service.

For the little extra in cost and for a $125 item, I would have sprung for a faster and more gtd delivery service than ground parcel service.

The other thing is it sounds like your seller wont refund you (should he item never show up) until he gets a refund from CP.

That could easily be another 2-3 weeks bewteen the time they complete their investigation, he files a claim, gets a cheque from CP and then processes the refund through PayPal.

I hope he insured it.

Malcolm
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

If he has a venture 1 with CP, ground service cost the same as the expedited business with tracking number. Most of the powersellers have at least a venture 1 with CP. So, why he shipped normal parcel ground service? I don't know. There is no insurace on ground service within Canada with CP, so don't wait on. Unliked the air mail small packets are automatically insured for $100. But as a seller, I would appreciate my buyer gives a bit more time. You can file a claim with paypal on the 28th day if your seller can't tack it down.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

audioshack
Community Member
I believe PayPal now allows 45 days from date of payment to file a claim.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

a1wholesalewatches
Community Member
the seller is a seasoned seller , I asked him why did he sent ground while he can send it by expedited for the same cost, and can have tracking number, he never answers this question... there is no insurance through Canada post, he says insurance is done by a private company... yet, he wants to finish Canada Post investigation, I am repeating my question again, if he doesnt have the tracking number, doest Canada Post investigate in this kind of situation.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

soltel
Community Member
Yes they still do investigate and if their investigations proves that it hasn't been delivered they will still refund the shipper. It happened to me twice with internation airmail service.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

audioshack
Community Member
Even if the seller does not have a tracking number (a misnomer) he should still have a CP receipt for the postage paid.

I guess if it were me I would try one more time to plainly ask for evidence of the shipping. If it cannot or will not be provided I wouldn't hesitate to file a claim with PayPal and get their assistance in sorting it out.

I don't have a bottomless reserve of patience for stupid or uncooperative sellers.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

You should have received by now (inside Canada) even if the seller used a ground service(Maybe he didn't even send package and is buying time). Does this person have a good feedback. maybe you should look if he/she has had Any other complaints with other Ebay members of this kind ? wait maybe 1 extra week and make a complaint through Paypal they will refund you(as they will request seller a proof of delivery with signature / if he does not have it goes to your advantage).
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

audioshack
Community Member
I should have mentioned in my last post that CP receipts have the postal code destination for items shipped (unless it is lettermail). If the seller sent it, there will be evidence of the shipping.

If he claims he doesn't keep receipts or can't find the receipt he won't have a claim with CP anyway. In that event, go ahead and file for a refund through PayPal.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

sunset_sports_cards
Community Member
I think I know what seller you are refering to. I was in contact with him and he was telling me he had 25 CP parcels not delivered all the same things PS2 systems. One package that was delivered, someone had taken a brick and replaced the PS2 inside. CP is investigating because they think someone "inside" is lifting the parcels, now they have figured out what they were he was shipping. I recieved my item ok from this seller with tracking. So that is the situation. He is being bombarded with negatives due to this and probably will lose his PS status. I think he is at 96.7% now. Too bad really. He has his hands full at the moment, I am in the process of doing his website, but have backed off until he gets going again.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

chuck111fishing
Community Member
The way canada post is going. I tell his tracking number is probably on the reciet of shippment. I just went thru canadas post and it takes up 20 days for a refund. Thats long wait if you ask me. But this seller even if it weighed over 2 oz should have tracking number on it. It might be on his bill of shippment. I just sent two very small things probably weigh the same amount and have to put go expost for. Now it all depend where its coming from and where its going take that in factor also
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

auctiondropnship
Community Member
sunset_sports_cards
Ah ...sorry you are incorrect the seller is me . No brinks in my items

We ship all items Canada Post Ground within Canada , becuase we use upic dot com as a third party insurance company. They require no insurance but there own on the item

We also many times stated that the item was insured and after the 30th day reguardless of the outcome with Canada Post a full refund on the item would be given. If the item was considered lost. So this is not a matter of not shipping the item

What I am dealing with is a Canadian powerseller, questioning the cost of shipping for an item .They purchased from us weeks later , they explain that they feel the shipping is too high. I noticing a mistake in the shipping a refund of $3.00 was issued ASAP because they personally paid too much. At that point they continued too comment that it was STILL to high. That they did not notice the packing fee stated clearly in the auction

I done the best I can in an odd situation, but I am getting bald really fast in this situation
Todd
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

sunset_sports_cards
Community Member
Oh ok, I thought he may be referring to Multidistributor. He is going through hell right now with his situation, he has been getting negative feedback at an alarming rate. The unfortunate thing there is..you when you get one neg and there are 20 others waiting for the same product....they all decide to give a negative as well. Too bad really. Todd we can only do our best, and sometimes our best is not good enough.
Kelly.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

PLEASE MAKE A JUDGEMENT

I've recently received a cool Axe from Multidistributor. His S&H is very high for shipping in Canada, but the auction was $0.99. I did receive the axe, and left positive feedback for him.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply