Pain in the neck Question Mis-use

cutecoins
Community Member
I have a guy email me through the Ebay question section of my ad page. I have met a lot of strange people over the years and clearly this guy seems to be one. As far as I am concerned, he can be as ignorant and stupid as he wants. He is not a customer or interested in anything I am selling. In fact I suspect he is one of my competition. However; I did not ask him for his comments nor did he even buy anything from me. I don't think he has a right to harass me with his misuse of English, misinformed ideas, or degrading comments. I have a choice of ignoring him but I am concerned that his tone of writing indicates he may be the person who has committed mail fraud during an earlier time. Any suggestions.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

whoscloset
Community Member
In my experience, responding will just encourage him.

I'd ignore it unless he was profane or threatening. If he was, then report him to eBay and move on. Why waste your time and energy on a loser?

Monique

Monique

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I would block him!

Malcolm
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
I got one tonight as well with a stupid comment that an item I'm selling is available in any dollar store for a fraction of what I have been selling them for (successfully) for three months.

I debated responding but decided, in the end, to just report the jerk to eBay for misuse of the EFS.

I'd rather see him get a warning from eBay about his stupidity than engage him in a non-productive exchange of emails. It never pays to enter a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Cheers!

Bill

Bill

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

cutecoins
Community Member
How do you send a warning through Ebay? Suggestions
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
go to http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/ps-contact.html and select "Powerseller Rules & Safety"

From the new page select "Member Problems" "Spam & Miscellaneous Offenses" and "A User is sending offensive or inappropriate emails"

Click "continue"

Click "Contact Support" button

Enter the user name and in your message make sure you mention that the user is inappropriately sending emails by the eBay EFS. Include the headers and text (copy & paste) from the email received.

Bill

Bill

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

mereco
Community Member
I think every established seller has received those very annoying messages with question and comments from people who are not interested in buying, but just like to try and harass in hopes that the recipient never gets to know who they are. They are no different than the Poison Pen writers of the by-gone days.
Rather than get angry with them I chose to decide to pity them. I pity anyone whose life is so boring that they need to seek out others to harass, or have to give unsolicited comments regarding the lifes and businesses of others.
I welcome any question on any of the items I list on eBay, and I also welcome comments and suggestions that constructive or informative.
The discussion on this topic has been informative and I believe that all offensive or harassing messages sent through the eBay system should be referred to eBay and that eBay should take action against the individuals.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
"I believe that all offensive or harassing messages sent through the eBay system should be referred to eBay and that eBay should take action against the individuals."

If that happened we would have a much cleaner eBay place to conduct business. It would be nice to know that the scam artists and scum mouths are dealt with severely and I men more than simply giving them another opportunity to get a new user ID.

Malcolm
Message 8 of 8
latest reply