PayPal Feedback and Suggestion Thread

amanda@paypal.com
Community Member
Hi All,

Please leave any suggestions and feedback you have regarding PayPal here.

Please note:

• Customer Service inquiries will not be answered on this thread because the thread is for feedback and suggestions only.

• Each post will not be responded to because there is not sufficient time to respond to do so. However, comments and suggestions placed on the thread will be read. All suggestions will be given consideration.

• Off topic posts will be deleted.

• Customer service inquiries that can be addressed in this forum will be moved to create a new thread.

The main purpose here is to get an idea of what buyers and sellers would like to see PayPal develop and how PayPal can improve to make things easier.

Best Regards,
Amanda
Message 1 of 177
latest reply
176 REPLIES 176

joybell3
Community Member
Well, for whatever good it will do, here are my suggestions and feedback.

1. When buyers have reached their lifetime “sending limit” using their credit card for auction payments, Paypal will no longer process any credit card payments unless they "verify" their account by adding bank account information. True "verification" can be done by faxing or mailing a driver's license and/or a recent credit card statement. Adding a bank account should not be necessary. The reason bank accounts are asked for are not for verification purposes, but to use as the default method of auction payments.

2.Paypal will not notify buyers that they are near the end of the lifetime “sending limit”. They are shocked and dismayed when they find out that they can no longer pay with their credit card only when attempting to pay for an auction they just won. The reason this is done is to trap buyers into submitting bank account information in order to be able to proceed paying for the auctions.

3. Paypal needs to change the sequence of the web pages showing up when a buyer attempts to pay for an auction but has exceeded the sending limit. The request for bank account information should come BEFORE the offer of the lifing of the sending limit with expanded use enrollment. Right now, when a buyer tries to proceed with an auction payment and their sending limit is maxed, they are offered enrollment for expanded use of their credit card and authorize Paypal to charge their card the enrollment fee of $2.45. Only AFTER that 4 digit number is entered, does a web page will pop up claiming that, for security reasons, the will still need to give Paypal bank account information before the sending limit is lifted. This is downright dishonest.
Message 2 of 177
latest reply

sanchez101786
Community Member
Amanda, please read my thread and please reply
it's right below titled:

PAYPAL ROCKED ME HARD...DEFEND YOURSELF!
Message 3 of 177
latest reply

sanchez101786
Community Member
How about giving the Buyer the benefit of the doubt when it comes to re-opening a canceled when they were scammed into doing so...? Even if the seller has been proven to be a scam the buyer is still not entitled to anything from paypal but a "too bad".
Message 4 of 177
latest reply

tsimshianman
Community Member
I won two auctions from a guy named Josh who uses the name "nes12nes". I immediately paid for these items with PayPal. I never got these items and so I put feedback up on this guy. He responded back putting negative feedback on me saying I bounced a check with him and made further slanderous statements. He also claims he sent the items out yet failed to provide tracking info.

I launched a dispute with PayPal a month later. It has been more than a month now and I get this email from PayPal asking me to fill out a questionaire about the dispute. This is the first time I have heard back from PayPal. I have been in the dark with their so called "dispute resolution" process. I still do not know what the outcome was. When I got the questionaire I still had not received my goods nor was I refunded my money.

I now find out that one of the items was finally sent out Jan 11/06 and arrived Jan 18/06. After lying about sending it out a month earlier and he sends it out AFTER I launch the dispute resolution. I am still without the other item I paid for. I am still out this money. PayPal has communicated as poorly as the person I have the dispute with.
Message 5 of 177
latest reply

Hi Amanda.....lady you must have some thick skin!
Taking the job of coming here to get blasted at...lol. I have been with PayPal almost since their inception and I can't wait till something better comes along.
The PayPal 5-7 days to transfer money from my bank is now 8 and my item is going back on sale and I have a black mark on my record for no payment....how do you justify that. My bank released the funds on the 9th.
Is paypal going to go to bat for me and clean up my record on EBay...NO, of course not...there is no money in it!
Message 6 of 177
latest reply

cruiser20
Community Member
I can see I am not the only one disgusted with PayPal's attempt to gain personal banking information.
Here is what I wrote them.....I am awaiting their response:
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!
You do NOT need my bank account information.....you have no business knowing this information, as I DO NOT use it!!! My credit card is all you need.....you can see my history, there has not been a problem. You already verified me once by charging my card and FINALLY gave me a credit back.
What is the difference if you have banking information? I don't get it....that can easily be falsified like a credit card. I am NOT comfortable giving out banking information....ESPECIALLY since you clearly state that once you enter this, your bank account supersedes your credit card as payment....unless you change it.......why do you set bank account as default? This has to go higher up..........send all correspondence regarding this issue to a supervisor. I am really annoyed at this.........I should not have to provide you with MY banking information when I have no intention of using it for paypal purposes.
Message 7 of 177
latest reply

lowestpricealways
Community Member
Paypal = Ebay. Both use each other to pick your pocket clean and get as much leverage against a user as possible. We need federal legislation to clean up the Monoply mess . I advise you to write to your representatives in Congress or Parliament to get laws passed to restrict Ebay and paypal from demanding so much information.
Message 8 of 177
latest reply

kenw7253
Community Member
2 things,

1. I don't see any reponses to any of the postings? Is this a bogus complaint posting to steer people from using customer service Amanda?

2. Also, I sort of understand why Paypal wants banking info. But what needs to change is the bank acct being the default and more importantly the advice page that comes up when you force the switch back to Credit card payment. It advises that bank acct payment is better and more security, this is completely UNTRUE. Credit card companies usually offer 100% charge back for items not rec'd or not as described. Unlike paypal and eBay that have many caveats to get out of protecting the buyer. And CC payments will give you back shipping and not charge you 25 bucks for a bogus processing fee that eBay does! This advice page is very misleading and irresponsible (verging on fraudulent behaviour as well). New people would believe this statement without question and be screwed when the item does not show up. Considering the widespread fraudulent sellers on eBay(just check out the other discussion boards for proof of just how widespread the frauds are!), I would think paypal would not want to contribute to all the misleading info and fraudulent behaviour on eBay.
You preach that you want to improve and make eBay/paypal a safer more enjoyable venue......well here is a simple way to improve vastly.....I don't expect that you would change your policies to any degree....BUT....Please remove this advice page ASAP.
Message 9 of 177
latest reply

--The ability for SELLERS to reply to a PayPal Buyers Dispute.

As it is right now, a buyer can insert information(true or not) into the complaint, and all we can do is click one of three choices(not good enough!)

With 'international shipping' the way it is, 45 days is not long enough for someone to receive their items using small packet surface~~no online tracking(isn't cost effective to ship otherwise). PayPal/eBay should be made aware of this in BOLD LETTERS!

Fix the 'invalid state etc.' error.

Allow Canadians to use an abbreviation for our provinces. OR~~If British Columbia was placed on ONE line(like it is supposed to be in the address) PayPal wouldn't be having the glitch they've now got with shipping.
Message 10 of 177
latest reply

bluenoser63
Community Member
Maybe you guys can answer your e-mails?X-(
Message 11 of 177
latest reply

buddee_girl
Community Member
Suggestions:

(1) I personally do not like the idea of providing my bank account information over the internet. The whole point of having an online system is to use something that also has protection, like a credit card.

(2) You should be able to put your positive balance from your PayPal account (from selling items) onto the credit card you have registered with PayPal.

(3) The shipping system should have a way to print labels for Lettermail in addition to Parcels. This would save time because we wouldn't have to go to the post office for items that are small enough to be considered Lettermail.

Thanks
Message 12 of 177
latest reply

ccjlt
Community Member
I am fairly new to ebay but I have to say I am very pleased with paypal services. All of my transactions have gone very smoothly with the exception of two. Twice my item was not received for whatever reason and I filed a dispute with paypal. Both times at the end of the ten day waiting period for the seller to respond, my money was refunded immediately. Great service. I wasn't sure what to expect being a newbie, but the people on the discussion boards had excellent advise and paypal pulled through! I'm hooked on ebay now

Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 13 of 177
latest reply

open.that.can.o.worms
Community Member
A month and several good suggestions later and ... ???

Not surprisingly - Nothing.

I too have been with PayPal for years through all the changes and all the BS.

I cannot wait until something else comes along. "Sure." you say ... There'll never be another eBay ... or another PayPal - wanna bet?

As far as I can see all eBay and PayPal are doing these days is trying to offset membership attrition resulting directly from poor customer service by recruiting new members via costly advertising campaigns. This means more new members and more difficulties added upon an already failing customer service platform. Why forever perpetuate the cycle?

To say I am disappointed with PayPal's progress over the years would be an understatement.

My suggestion?
- Spend "advertising dollars" on a better, more thorough level of customer service. Provide due diligence to issues raised by members rather than just a token look and an automated response.

- Why not TRY to KEEP the members YOU already HAVE instead of trying to get and educate new ones???

Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 14 of 177
latest reply

opc-electronics
Community Member
if the buyer choose the cheapest way to ship - post lettermail without tracking number, when buyer claims item not received, seller got no choice, have to refund full payment, which is not fair to the the seller.

check the PayPal dispute resolving options, no tracking info. means you are loser.

I only have this problem with U.S. buyers, not a single Canadaian.
Message 15 of 177
latest reply

http-equiv="content-type">

Since most Canadians apparently cannot become CONFIRMED, there needs to
be a way to accept only USA CONFIRMED addresses but all types from
Canada/UK/etc.? Reason being, if I change my PayPal preferences to only
accept payments from CONFIRMED addresses I am cutting myself out of the
majority of the Canadian market.

Also I feel that when you log into your PayPal account and look under
the "My Account" "OVERVIEW" tab it should not only show your
VERIFICATION (as it does) but also your CONFIRMATION status.

The only way I could check CONFIRMATION status was to check a few
transactions in the history and look at transaction details, where it
shows your address and also if you are CONFIRMED.

The difference between CONFIRMED and VERIFIED seems to be the main
source of confusion regarding PayPal. I recognize that the CONFIRMATION
is shipping address related but wouldn't it go a long way to
alleviating some confusion if your Account Overview listed the status
of both your VERIFICATION and CONFIRMATION?

On the whole PayPal seems to be a great system but I think they need to
do a better job of explaining the CONFIRM vs VERIFICATION issue,
particularly when it applies to Canadian accounts. EBay and PayPal are
huge systems and require numerous policies etc. to ensure fairness and
security. However, both need some clear and concise information on how
their BPP and SPP work in conjunction with CONFIRMED and VERIFIED
accounts. This could be accomplished without having the current
numerous pages of discrete snippets of information without mentioning
how they relate to closely associated policies.

Message 16 of 177
latest reply

Amanda,

My suggestion is based on a purely speculative, yet not unreasonable assumption. Quit holding my money in an interest bearing account for a week before transfering it to my Seller.

There is absolutely no reason that the money has to be held 7-8 days. Transfered money is in PayPal accounts within hours after I initiate the transfer, the only reason it takes the transaction over a week to clear is because you hold on to the funds.

I know that it allows you to gleen only a small fraction of the amount, but I bet that sure adds up after a few million transactions, eh? It's not even all that original a scheme, and it is a scheme.

There is one primary thing I wish PayPal would remember... It's not your money to play with. I gave the money to my Seller in exchange for goods or services, not to you.

Stop doing that, it's annoying as well as unethical.

I remain as I started,
Darren
---
I remain as I started,
figment
Message 17 of 177
latest reply

zeetoner
Community Member
Canadian Taxes

Since paypal and Ebay have decided to deal with Canada it would make MASSIVE sense to program in the taxes.

It is truly and totally unacceptable that Canadian Taxes cannot be charged in the proper manner.

I have no choice but to charge 15% across the board and THEN refund the customer (if needed).

This is RIDICULOUS!!

I asked customer service (Paypal) about it and got this response

"Thank you for contacting Merchant Technical Support. I am sorry for the delay in answering your request.

I appreciate you contacting us about information on positioning Canada taxes. You may want to research using a third-party shopping such as X-Cart or MonsterCommerce. Both of these carts and others may be found at:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/pdn/3p-solutions-stores-outside

What kind of STUPID answer can you give to tell me that I shoudl spend money and use XCART --- I CANNOT even use it on my EBAY LISTINGS... so how does this help???
😞

If you are doing business in CANADA.. and you are so backbone of payments for EBAY.. then ... get with the TIMES and allow the SELLER to charge the PROPER taxes...

THIS is CANADA and we MUST charge taxes.. if seller CHOOSE NOT to charge.. then they must deal with this in their own way...

If I could avoid charging taxes.. I WOULD... but I CANNOT

PLEASE FIX THIS
X-(

Message 18 of 177
latest reply

joybell3
Community Member
This is something that bugs me. I read through a listing from top to bottom (which I always do before bidding), and only when I get to the bottom I see "PayPal Only". Why does the seller not put "paypal account required" under the bid button? Then I wouldn't have to read through the whole listing.

I'm not the only one not using PayPal. And I can't filter out PayPal Only auctions.

Ebay should let us filter out PAYPAL ONLY auctions or automatically include the "paypal account required" button under the bid button.

Then we wouldn't waste our time on these auctions.

I thought this was supposed to be automatic for those kind of auctions?
Message 19 of 177
latest reply

sister_cecile
Community Member
"This function is temporarily unavailable. Please try your payment again later by returning to eBay and clicking the My eBay button."

I tried to pay my item again and again and it still saying the same thing over and over again.

Is PayPal underoing maintenance? March 29th?

Please reply! Help!

-Cecile
Message 20 of 177
latest reply