PayPal Upgrades

shoplineca
Community Member
I thought that PayPal would post this on the Canadian Board at the same time that they posted it on the US Discussion Board but it seems that even our PayPal representation on the Canadian Board has left us.

On June 4th PayPal made some changes to their services. Essentially, PayPal is offering credit terms to all US customers to purchase goods thru PayPal.

A customer wishing to purchase from you applies on-line for credit with PayPal, and within 30 seconds are advised they are approved or not.

As a seller, we get paid immediately. In my quick read-through, I didnt see anything restricting Canadian Sellers so I dont know why PayPal failed to post on this board except I suppose we are becoming more accustomed to lack of attention here.

Here is what they posted:

1) PayPal extended the refund period for seller-initiated refunds from 30 days to 60 days from payment completion.

2) PayPal is now offering a service called "PayPal Buyer Credit". In short, PayPal is offering a line of credit to buyers, which could then be used as an additional funding source for payments that they send. I invite you to check out the following links to learn more about this program.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_bc-signup

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/bc/bc_mkt_faq-outside

Malcolm

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal Upgrades

mahsauction
Community Member
Thanks for the post Malcolm

Terry
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

PayPal Upgrades

thebidwatcher
Community Member
One of the Q & A:

Is PayPal Buyer Credit available outside the U.S.?
At this time, only buyers residing in the U.S. with a U.S. PayPal account can apply and be approved for PayPal Buyer Credit.

...This is why it was not on our site perhaps?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

PayPal Upgrades

thebidwatcher
Community Member
OOOOhhhh... You thought thois info should be available to SELLERS.

Never mind.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

PayPal Upgrades

shoplineca
Community Member
For most of us, at least half our sales are to the US so it makes sense that this should have been posted here.

I just dont understand eBay and PayPal. I was verbally given tons and tons of assurances how they would begin monitoring this board and making certain that all our links worked and that we were given timely information about new features that would affect our business.

Maybe we should have asked Paul Martin to raise these eBay and PayPal issues with George Bush during the G8 summit in Georgia this week.

Malcolm
Message 5 of 5
latest reply