Payment hasn't been cleared through paypal after the estimated funds availability date

I recently sold two items on ebay with paypal as the only payment option. The person who won the bid has paid through paypal already and there are an estimated funds availability date for each item. One is Aug 25th and the other one is 27th. Right now it is Sept 2nd already and still can't see the funds in my paypal account. And on the payment status, it is still showing "payment initialized on Aug 5 and is being processed through paypal". What should I do now??

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Payment hasn't been cleared through paypal after the estimated funds availability date

It may be an echeque that has to be cleared....may take about a week or so. I usually don't mail anything sold unless payment has been cleared. Call PayPal and ask why the payment is stil being processed.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Even after the payment has cleared (upwards of 10 days for e-cheques), Paypal will hold the payment for 21 days against your performance as a seller.

Do not ship until PP tells you the payment has cleared. Ship promptly after it has cleared. The money will be waiting" in escrow" and you will get it, eventually.

Meanwhile send a nice note to the buyer thanking him for his e-cheque payment and telling him that his item is packed and ready to ship as soon as PP clears it and allows you to print a shipping label . Which they won't until the cheque clears, btw. And when it does, contact the buyer again to let him know the item is on its way.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply