Paypal Debit Card for Sellers Fees

mahsauction
Community Member
How did some of you add your Paypal Debit Card to pay for your seller fees on Ebay.com?

I did this awhile ago but my payments have been failing recently. So I decided to try to readd my card and it won't authorize. Anyone recently add their Paypal Debit Card and any extra steps they needed to take to make it work?
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

proud-to-offer
Community Member
Hi,
You need to enter the following information:
Billing address: your address leave a space then city
City Type: Province Code (ex.ON)
State/Province: FC
Postal Code: 00000
This should work for you.
~Bonnie
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
Can you do this on eBay.ca as well?
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
I had my paypal card on there for about 2 years now and it worked perfectly until 8 months ago, then i added the card again, using the 0000 and all that extra crap, it authorized, but when it came time for payment, paypal kicked it out again so i have to do the payments manually all the time now. Its really a big pain.

Moez.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
"Can you do this on eBay.ca as well?"

The information given by proud-to-offer is FOR eBay.ca

It won't work for eBay.com - don't ask!
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

proud-to-offer
Community Member
Hi,
Both my billing accounts are ebay.com and it works perfectly for me. I've been using my Paypal debit card to pay both my ebay accounts for a long time now (and have been getting the 1.5% back as a result). When ebay changed their billing system awhile ago, they changed the info on the account and my payments bounced back. I went in and re-entered the proper info (all the junk above) and it's worked properly ever since. My invoices come from ebay.com and everything I list on both ID's is in US$ on the ebay.com site. I hope this helps.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

mahsauction
Community Member
Figured out the problem. Apparently Paypal put a security lock on the card so that it was denying all authorizations. Paypal never informed about the problem. I had to call them and they cleared the security lock. After that adding the card into Ebay worked and I just noticed that Ebay charged my card for this months fees.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

i-cellstuff
Community Member
I tried getting this card, but it says it's only available for US people.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
then don't tell them I've had mine for a couple of years!

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

imagi.nation
Community Member
Canadians can get the debit card, but you have to meet eligibility requirements outlined here:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_debit-outside

Cheers,
Ernie.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I think it would be handy to have this information available somewhere at the top of the forum... or maybe in a FAQ somewhere. Those codes are necessary for sellers wanting to pay their fees with their PayPal credit card.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

dropnsellnow
Community Member
Other than the discount on eBay fees are there other advantages to the debit card? Do you get a better exchange rate on atm withdrawls?

I can see that it would be convenient if you're traveling in the US, but otherwise I'm drawing a blank.

Just curious.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

flameonglass
Community Member
>Other than the discount on eBay fees are there other advantages to the debit card? Do you get a better exchange rate on atm withdrawls?<
I basically live off mine & don't really carry cash anymore. Works just like a credit card here in Canada but I get 1.5% cash back everytime I use it.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply