Paypal Mastercard Credit?

flameonglass
Community Member
I was hoping someone here would have some experience with this problem.

I bought some items by phone using my paypal debit Mastercard. The merchant sent me the wrong items & was close enough for me to return them in person. I have the receipt for the credit which was rung through the machine while I was in the store. ( Less than the original amount as they would not return my shipping costs.)

This was 4 days ago. It has not shown up in my paypal account.

I am used to paypal's snail's pace crediting Canadian bank accounts but there is no 'pending' info or anything else about the transaction showing up either.

Is this normal or should I be contacting Paypay MC?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

deltone
Community Member
I would contact them. Normally there should be the "pending" info in there. I've used my card a lot of times and although I've never had a credit done, I have noticed all the other transactions show imediately. GOOD LUCK
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
Refunds will not show up for as long as 30 days. I went through this too. If you want the funds now, you have to get a statement from the vendor using their store letterhead verifying that the funds were refunded to you and they agree to release the funds without delay. Fax it to Paypal and you might get your money sooner.

Good luck!

Rob
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

flameonglass
Community Member
Thanks for the advice!

Rob, do you remember if the credit showed up as 'pending' when this happened to you. I am comcerned about not getting my credit at all because there is no note of it on my paypal account.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
It did not show up at all. I called them and the lady explained that it is actually out of Paypal's control. She said it could take up to 30 days, but it actually was credited in about 10 days I think. It was about 8 months ago so I can't remember. I didn't bother with the letter from the store.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

flameonglass
Community Member
Super! Thanks so much for the info. I am resigned to waiting but would not be happy if I waited till hell froze over.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

flameonglass
Community Member
It finally showed up in my paypal account. 5 days from chargeback to credit in case anyone wants to file that info for future reference.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply