Paypal investigation

protectedcanada
Community Member
Long story short, sold a lady some concert tickets. She recieved them, left feedback, and all was good. A week later she demands for a price difference since she re-sold them to a 3rd party. She claimed the seats were wrong, but in fact they were right (only had one pair of them in the first place) They clearly said FLOOR GENERAL ADMISSION.

Regardless, she opened up a dispute with PayPal and I escalated it because I want to process to be over quicker. It has been well over 2 weeks now and my account is frozen pending PayPal decision. I've sent copies of email and my entire side of the story. As of right now I can't sell eBay right now because I won't have access to the funds if they are sent via PayPal. And PayPal account for apprx. 90% of all my transactions.

Anyone have any tips? Does it usually take this long for them to investigate?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Paypal investigation

Call them....NOW

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Paypal investigation

I am not following. On what grounds did the buyer demanded the price difference? Because she resold them?
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Paypal investigation

ecbluestar
Community Member
As of right now I can't sell eBay right now because I won't have access to the funds if they are sent via PayPal. And PayPal account for apprx. 90% of all my transactions.

Are you saying they froze your account? When I had open dispute they were holing only money for that transaction. Time depend, sometimes was a week, once I had to wait two months.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Paypal investigation

protectedcanada
Community Member
Yes. It was complete ludacris. She thought the tickets were FLOOR not General Admission even know I clearly put it on the auction. She never once told me she was going to re-sell them or asked for a refund until she filed a complaint.

Stupid buyers like this make it a hell of a lot difficult for sellers. Because PayPal doesn't just hold the X amount of dollars but they freeze the entire account!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Paypal investigation

protectedcanada
Community Member
....They froze my PayPal account so I can't withdraw any funds if I receive any. So I can't exactly use PayPal as an option for payment on my auctions.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Paypal investigation

momoftwingles2
Community Member
As recped said, you should CALL PayPal, and not just depend on e-mailing them your information. This way you could ensure that PayPal understands fully your side of the situation.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Paypal investigation

Stupid buyers ...

Well, it's not stupid. They are trying and pushing the limits perhaps not even realizing they might be hurting someone. Like those girls that buy a dress, go to the party and then return it to the store. I have a friend who frequently "borrows" electronics from BestBuy/Futureshop, camera or scanner when he needs it and then returns it in a week. I don't like such tricks.

Anyway, she has no business demanding the difference. Perhaps I should walk to Canadian Tire, buy a ceiling fan and list it on eBay. Gee, it did not sell for what I wanted, so let's go to Canadian Tire and demand the difference! They refused, so let's call a bank and charge-back the credit card (no I did not buy it). Free ceiling fan, whoopiii. Ooops, police officer by my door. Criminal investigation for a fraud? What??!!! Free lodging for a year ...

I agree, you can get much more done with PayPal over the phone than over email.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Paypal investigation

Their is no logical reason that PAYPAL would FREEZE your entire account over a single transaction - just does not make any sense - so you better call and find out WHY your entire account is frozen.

Whats even more baffling is that you have not call?

Like whats up with that - your entire funds are frozen and your on here asking what to do - would you do the same if you went to your bank and they told you your entire checking and saving accounts are frozen because you passed a bad check?

H"E"L"L"O - what the heck are you waiting for?

CALL PAYPAL and demand your account be unfrozen unless you have other suspicious transactions in dispute that you may or may not be aware of.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply