Paypal question

catseye*
Community Member
How can you tell if a customer used their paypal balance or paid via credit card? All it says about the transaction is 'instant', and I can't figure out how to get that info.

Lainey

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Paypal question

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Lainey
I cant answer you however they can also pay from their bank account and if that occurs, you may receive a notice from PayPal stating that "the funds have not yet cleared so do not ship the product yet".

Other than that, I would be surprised if PayPal would tell you the source of funding by your client.

Malcolm
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Paypal question

catseye*
Community Member
The transaction is about 6 weeks old, so she can't chargeback thru Paypal, but is threatening to chargeback thru her CC company. I'm trying to find out if she can or not.

I've emailed paypal, but so far no response. This SHOULD be info we can access.

This womans pkg was damaged in the mail, and she is refusing to claim thru the PO, demanding that I give her a full refund. I told her the moment she notified me to keep all her packaging, that she would need it, but I suspect she's thrown it away, and therefore is calling me all sorts of names, claiming I packaged it badly (which is sooo far from the truth it's laughable) and that I'm a careless seller. Ahh, don'tcha just luv days like this!

If she was reasonable, and willing to work with me, I'd most likely have worked something out with her, but namecalling and this kind of attitude is really unacceptable.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Paypal question

randall@ebay.com
Community Member
catseye*,

PayPal does no provide that information. However you can still check the payment details to determine if the transaction is eligible for Seller Protection.

Regards,
Randall
PayPal Consumer Relations
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Paypal question

deltone
Community Member
I had a buyer pay me with a non credit card and I did the whole wait till it clears thing and then BOOM, a couple of weeks later AFTER I shipped the item, and had received positive feedback, AND emails confirming she received the item, Paypal removed the money from my account without a word. When I emailed them and questioned this, I got a reply that "it appears there was fraudulent activity" with this person's account. They would not give me any more details. End of story as far as Paypal is concerned. NICE EH!!!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply