Paypal slowdown?

PP transfers to our bank account usually take 2-3 days, sometimes 4 over a weekend.

Some of our withdrawals are now 6 days old without us receiving a credit.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers
Bernie
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Paypal slowdown?

Yes. A few weeks ago, PayPal increased the secutity holding period from the time a seller asks for a withdrawal until PayPal actually initiates it from 24 hours to XX hours (seems to vary from 28 to 40 depending on size of the withdrawal).

For more information, please take a look at this thread on the PayPal board on eBay.com:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Paypal/New-Delay-In/520084201&start=0

The response PayPal has given to the question is typical BS. They reply but do not answer the question. What else is new? :-( .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Paypal slowdown?

The only workable solution I have found is to ask for a withdrawal first thing in the morning instead of waiting until the late afternoon as I used to do.

While PayPal takes longer than the former 24 hour holding period before initiating the transfer, it does not affect when the money is available in my bank account. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Paypal slowdown?

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Bernie and Pierre,

Well, personally I think that PayPal just decided to give Saskatchewanian Americans faster transfers for once!

My withdrawals are posting within a 2 day period.

*LOL*
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Paypal slowdown?

"are posting within a 2 day period"

or

"are received in your bank account" within a 2 day period? .
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Paypal slowdown?

Thanks Pierre,

Withdrawals from Feb. 9 & 10 both posted to our bank account on Feb. 12. Our withdrawals from Feb. 11, 12 & 13 have not yet posted.

I like the idea of security hold. PP gets to use our money for an extra day or two. Not bad! Can't say that PP management is not smart... and all in the name of "security" 🙂

Cheers
Bernie
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Paypal slowdown?

The 24 hour security hold has been there for nine years. Nothing new.

The problem is that PayPal has now extended this twenty-four hour period without notice or explanation.

For the last two weeks I have been testing it daily and noticed withdrawals exceeding US$2,000 take at least twelve hours longer. Smaller withdrawals are usually released in 28 to 32 hours (instead of the old 24).

There is no difference in the holding period based on currency.

As stated earlier, one can eliminate the negative effects of the longer holding period by requesting withdrawals early in the day.

"Our withdrawals from Feb. 11, 12 & 13 have not yet posted."

Monday was a bank holiday in both Canada and the USA. .
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Paypal slowdown?

Monday was a bank holiday in Canada... ? Perhaps in "La Belle Province" but not out here in BC.

Our 3 withdrawals just posted - 6 full days for one.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Paypal slowdown?

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Pierre,

I withdraw money from PP on a Monday and by Wednesday the money is in my Canadian bank account. When I withdraw to my US account in the States...same timeline. I've noticed no difference.

And, that surely doesn't mean it won't change with the weather!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Paypal slowdown?

I only wait 'till it's over 1.24 to withdraw & transfer anyway, and I don't really care how long it takes!
124 bucks on every thousand is fine with me!
Axe
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Paypal slowdown?

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Axe,

Now that's the attitude to have!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 11 of 11
latest reply