Perennial PayPal problems

phoenix_top_drawer
Community Member
Hello all,

Could someone please tell me PayPal's toll free talk to a human number?

Yesterday (Jan. 3) my partner attempted to take money out of our PayPal account using a bank machine in New Brunswick Canada. It limited her to $300.00.
Today I tried it again when I was in town. The machine told me the card was not authorized. No cash forthcoming.
It seems to work fine for small purchases like gas though.

I'm going to try to get hold of PayPal by phone.

Meanwhile I'd like to know if this is a common experience.

I know PayPal said they were having problems on the 2nd.

Your collective and singular wisdom on this would be appreciated. This forum has been a wonderful help in growing our business. I think it's probably the bestest perq of being a power seller.

Thanks

Brad
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

imagi.nation
Community Member
Well, the first question that comes to mind is if you know what the spending and ATM limits are on the card. If you don't, you can find this information at the PayPal site under Profile > PayPal Debit Card.

I don't know if PayPal has a toll-free number any more, but here's a number I jotted down back in 2000 for verified premier members: (888) 221-1161. The PayPal card has a phone number on the back that, although not a toll-free number, I have heard from a couple of other sellers will get you in touch with reps who will know what they're talking about.

Good luck,
Ernie.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Brad, this forum and the US one, are the ONLY perks to being a PS. Some have had good luck with PS service through the phone calls, but ALL seem to be agreed that the boards are the very best resource. When you don't get a quick answer from eBay, you can usually count on fellow-PSers to come through with an answer for you! Invaluable help!!!!!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 3 of 3
latest reply