Pictures disappear when draft copied

Another day, another warning of another glitch.

I was working on a couple drafts where I created a copy of an existing draft, opting not to copy over the pictures (as I planned to use the copy to create a draft of a similar item that required different pictures). For some reason, the new draft still showed the older pictures in the larger edit page as if I had opted to copy them over, but I'm certain I didn't as when I clicked on the link to add/edit pictures no pictures were in the pop-up editor.

After I edited the new draft and added the new pictures, I hit the "Save and Continue" button and was taken back to the list of my drafts (as usual). This is when I noticed that both drafts I was dealing with (the original I copied from, and the copy that I edited) had no picture thumbnails. I know how glitchy eBay's pages can be, so I refreshed the page which can sometimes fix the problem. It didn't.

Thankfully I save all of my pictures on an external hard drive so I was able to quickly and easily add them back, but I could see it being a worse situation for other sellers, especially if the pictures disappear from a larger number of drafts and a seller doesn't have them backed up.

Please be careful, folks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This was happening to me too...still does once in a while. My 'fix' is to  'sell similar' with a new picture and then go back and delete the faulty draft listing. It's a ridiculous hassle.  But the trick apparently is to clear out your computer cache and the ebay 'cookies; it contains for you drafts...

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to simply go back into the drafts and re-add the pictures, but your steps would be just as effective if my solution didn't work.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply