Pos. FB + Not as described?

What is the best way to proceed when a buyer leaves positive FB and then opens an Item Not As Described case?  Normally I would just go and resolve it but why positive FB if she is not happy with the purchase?  I have never run into that before and assume she will have left a low DSR to go with the 'positive'.

Buyer is in United Arab Emirate.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Same as you would for any Not As Described complaint.

Respond  with an offer of full refund on return.

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!-- Hoban Washburne

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The fact they left feedback is irrelevant really. I've received feedback from buyers before they have received the item (left feedback for all outstanding purchases in one batch) and I'm sure I've received feedback from buyers who have received the package but not really inspected the item.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Same as you would for any Not As Described complaint.

Respond  with an offer of full refund on return.

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!-- Hoban Washburne

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the replies.  The FB just surprised me.  I get the odd INR now and then but rarely a SNAD.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

What a day!

First I get a SNAD filed.  Then I can't get onto eBay for most of the day because my IP was having problems.  I managed to get on .com long enough to reply to the dispute.  The buyer closed it a few minutes later.  Three hours later I got an email from .ca asking me to resolve the issue.

I did offer a full refund upon receipt of the returned item.  The buyer then decided it "wasn't worth the hassle of returning" and closed the dispute.

Question:

I did not have to refund the buyer.  Would she be covered by eBay under the Seller Protection Plan when she didn't agree to return it?

The funny thing is, I would have given her a full refund with no return required if she had contacted me before opening a dispute.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply