Postal code question

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi All,

I have a customer who has paid through PayPal. He/she is in Reston, Manitoba. On the end of item listing e-mail that I received, the address says:

520 3rd Avenue
Reston MB
R0M 1X0

However, on the PayPal payment e-mail it says:

520 3rd Avenue
Reston Manitoba
R0M 1L0

I've looked everywhere to try and find the correct postal code for this address and city within Manitoba. However, I keep coming up empty. Canada Post says it is not a valid address. Other websites say that nothing is found.

They are a verified buyer with PayPal and apparently their address is confirmed as well.

Any suggestions where to look to get this right? I've e-mailed the buyer but no response. I do not want to send the package as it's $150.00 worth of *on-sale* product...so almost $400.00 full value.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Postal code question

Well, both postal codes are valid according to this link;

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/fpc/personal/findAnAddress?execution=e3s1

You find it by using the "Find a Postal Code" link, then using reverse search, which turns into "Find an address"

The 0X0 address is the Post office in Reston, and the 0L0 address is Melita. They are NOT close together.

Time to email the customer and ask them to straighten it out, I think.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Postal code question

momoftwingles2
Community Member
The buyer finally e-mailed me back. He/she kept replying to my e-mail BUT wasn't writing anything. I also sent him/her messages through eBay.

Finally they said to send it to the R0M 1X0 and to add a Box number.

I've sent the parcel Expedited so I'm sure that all will be okay one way or another!

Thanks for the link! I've book marked it!

Have a good one,
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Postal code question

Suzan, any codes with zero on the second place are rural codes. Many of these customers need to get their mail from the post office. If paypal says verified, they were able to receive mail at least once.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply