ProStore and eBay Store can't decide

Hello everyone,

Does anyone operate ProStores with Powerseller program,, can anyone recommend any benefit running ebay listing on proStore along with your online own listing??

I had discussion with Rep @ ProStore and I am comfortable with features..but don't know what I am missing having eBay store alone and Store with ProStore..

Any Powerseller are using ProStore to sell on eBay /Off eBay.

Thank you
Accept challenge with smile! ((:-))
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Don't waste your time and money with ProStore until you have sufficient inventory to run the business.

ProStore is basically your own website, unrelated to eBay. You have to spend more money to bring your own traffic to your website. The folks at ProStores suggest a minimum of $100 a month (in addition to all other fees).

While it offers the convenience of keeping track of inventory offered on two sites (your proStore website and eBay store), it costs a lot of money to bring traffic to your ProStore.

In addition, eBay charges a small FVF on ProStores sales.

From another post, I understand you did not feel spending $16 a month on eBay was worth it based on your number of listings, sales, etc... And it does not cost you anything to bring lots of traffic to your eBay store. eBay does it for you!

Don't waste your time on the proStore idea until you have an eBay store fully functionning and making money.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Don't waste your time and money with ProStore until you have sufficient inventory to run the business.

ProStore is basically your own website, unrelated to eBay. You have to spend more money to bring your own traffic to your website. The folks at ProStores suggest a minimum of $100 a month (in addition to all other fees).

While it offers the convenience of keeping track of inventory offered on two sites (your proStore website and eBay store), it costs a lot of money to bring traffic to your ProStore.

In addition, eBay charges a small FVF on ProStores sales.

From another post, I understand you did not feel spending $16 a month on eBay was worth it based on your number of listings, sales, etc... And it does not cost you anything to bring lots of traffic to your eBay store. eBay does it for you!

Don't waste your time on the proStore idea until you have an eBay store fully functionning and making money.

Pierre,, as reference to my past post, I terminated store to evaluate what actual cost of operating with/or without store. So far I saved the couple of dollars on listing fees, but Today i listed few items, which fees made me outrageous on reserve price. I have no intension to use 99.cent listing my categories, products worth more than 99cent.
Now Pierre, I mentioned in my last post that after 15th evalutions, I may decided to open store. I am fully aware of how ProStores works, It a online store nothing to do with Ebay.
Reason for my this post, want to know if anyone experience profitable business with ProStore, it result may vary by individual effort, but good to know.

My conclusion with 99cent listing are totally waste of money and time, but good to attract buyer! After March 2010 eBay fees are outrageous without the store, All it offer .99cent 100 listing a months. It does not get enough exposure since eBay flooding with thousand of listing.

Anyway Pierre i am taking your suggestions, hope to stay longer with Store until it make $$$4me.:-D
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

"profitable business with ProStore"

A prostore is like having a website. Most sellers here do have a website for off eBay sales. The challenge with website is to bring traffic.

Many, myself included, have used eBay as a tool to build a larger customer base to buy directly from the website.

These things all take time but can only work if you have a business plan which includes substantial investment in inventory over time. There is an old saying "you can't sell from an empty wagon". 🙂
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Worth to Try , Inventory i have enough ! All things set challenge is traffic, I already have comparison site who worked before willing to cooperate in services, Lack of security issues Iam behind as I lost thousand before !!Not willing sacrefice again !!

Google/Yahoo0 adword/search did not work for me in the past with sales. I have my solid marketing plan to start easily ,But require substantial investment!! Pierre ecommerce business not totally NEW to me!! 6 years rolling!!! Learned my lesson from brick and morter, sweat capital and market pitfall!!

Anyone any other idea??
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Give consideration to Pierre's suggestions.

It took less than 6 months for our store (website) to outsell our eBay store.

A member once posted a very good step-by-step on how to do so. I'm sure we have kept a hard-copy and can email you a scan if you like.

Prostore is fairly expensive and there are way more efficient ways to set up a store.

Bernie
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

COX:It took less than 6 months for our store (website) to outsell our eBay store. ?

Can you explain please little bit more clear..I will provide you my email thorugh member contact. Is that ok? you may send me your hard copy ""No RUSH"" Just do it when you feel like it. Appreciated Bernie
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I sent you the PDF file. It only contains basics (from another member) on how to set up a store.

Unfortunately, I cannot explain on this board in detail how I drive traffic/customers from eBay to my site. The last time I began doing so, the post was yanked.

That aside, SEO is a fairly sophisticated subject and would likely surpass the scope of this board. Search engine algorythms are proprietary (non-disclosed) and it took me many months of setting spidertraps to to at least get some idea what the algorythms are. Furthermore, they keep changing, just like eBay's Best Match.

You can always sign up for my weekend Internet Marketing class 😉

Bernie
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, got it! I will browse the info/ Site.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply