Problem with Buyer. Don't know what to do

collectables_bc
Community Member

I sold some cars before Christmas. I didn't recieve payment, and after about 8 days and 2 emails, I filed a non payer report. The guy paid on the last day and sent me an email saying he was getting grief for the purchase. I sent him an email back asking if he wanted to cancel the transaction. (I had 3 buyers do that to me just before christmas so I am getting used to it)

I didn't hear from him. So after a couple of days I got his package ready. he sent me a VERY nasty email asking me if I had mailed his package, blah blah blah. I responded politely that it was infact going in the mail the next day. He then sent me an email that could be read as being abusive.Among MANY other things, he made some references to how Canadians are so dumb, blah blah blah.

To protect myself, I sent his package from the US Priority with a tracking number.

This morning he sends me an email telling me how he has been to the post office everyday asking about his package, so I tracked it and saw he picked it up 2 days ago.

I sent him the tracking number, told him I saw he picked it up.

He just sent me another email, filled with hateful comments about Canadians. Saying "I have never met one, but they are the first cars in the bar" I could go on and on and believe me, it gets much worse.

I want to block him, but he can still leave me a negative can't he?

I am going to block him anyway,I can't keep getting these emails. I had to report someone to ebay once, and was told that they don't monitor emails and unless I was threatened, they can't do anything. So reporting him won't help.

So, my question, if I block can he still leave fb? and is there anything else I can do?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

sweet.suki
Community Member

if he leaves you anything abusive or mentioning something about ebay. ebay can remove the feedback. also, if he message you something like "if you don't do blah blah, i will leave you -ve feedback" report to ebay right away, and ebay will remove his feedback.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

collectables_bc
Community Member

yeah, he hasn't done that. yet. I would know how to deal with that, but this is something different. I have never even met a person in real life as nasty as this!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sounds like mental health issues.

Block him immediately. You can also block his email addy (s/b in his PP payment) from your personal email and from eBay Messages.

Don't respond to any messages you get from him. You can even delete them without reading them.

In addition to the strategies for feedback removal, you can add a Response to any FB he leaves.

Your response should be calm and professional. "EOA12/23paid 12/31del'dPriority 1/5claimed NOT delivered 1/7" would show you are in control of your records. With any luck his FB will show him up as a drooling anger monkey.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

sweet.suki
Community Member

can you please share the ID of this guy? so we can all block him?

want to share with you my story:

i had a customer who kept bidding on my items and kept sending me messages on how bad of a seller i am...he used much worse words, of course.. i have no idea why he does that..another mental issue i suppose.

and the worst part: this guy has over 1000 ratings!

so i called ebay and reported him, ebay staff said they will leave notes about this buyer, and said if he ever calls to complain me, they will just ignore it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

We are not allowed to give member's names directly. But we can share transaction numbers. Which comes to much the same thing.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, they can still leave you bad feedback but if he crosses the line saying unacceptable things you can report it to Ebay and have it removed.  I, too, would block them immediately because until you do, he can still purchase from you and continue with the same run around..... Good luck with it!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply