Problem with "bulk ended" listing

Another technical issue with eBay.

On November 26th, I ended all fixed price listings - as I usually do at that time of the year.

However, looking into some of those ended listings, eBay somehow has removed the shipping service and "free shipping" information from each listing.  For example: 390690853588

Are you guys aware of the problem and what are you doing to fix it?

Specials thanks to pomo who helped identify the "bug".

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

When I try to relist one of those listings, eBay.frca advises

Veuillez fournir les informations correctes dans les champs en surbrillance.

The problem seems to affect only listings originally listed on eBay.frca, not eBay.com

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Kalvin - will this issue be addressed?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Another technical issue with eBay.

On November 26th, I ended all fixed price listings - as I usually do at that time of the year.

However, looking into some of those ended listings, eBay somehow has removed the shipping service and "free shipping" information from each listing.  For example: 390690853588

Are you guys aware of the problem and what are you doing to fix it?

Specials thanks to pomo who helped identify the "bug".

Hi pierrelebel,

The item you provided doesn't show 'Free Shipping' when I use the Shipping Calculator - the only indication on the listing is 'Contact Seller or Read the Description' in regards to shipping costs.

I've also listed a couple of items with $10.00 shipping for both on cafr.ebay.ca and bulk ended both of them. The ended listings still had the $10.00 shipping cost after they were ended. I also used the same categories as the listing you quoted: "Timbres > Canada > Neufs"

Mind providing a bit more on this so I can check it out further?

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

"The item you provided doesn't show 'Free Shipping'"

Kalvin that is the problem.

I hate to play detective with your system.  You should have technical staff doing these things.  Staff with a mindset to find something wrong, not to prove eBay is always right.

After weeks of checking around I think I have identified the problem and it is major.

To give you an example, start with a fixed price listing 390739883397 (original quantity 3)

When first listed a few weeks ago, it offered "free listing" both domestically and internationally.  That is correct.  "free listing" was offered

A few days ago, taking advantage of the current "free auction style listings", I moved one of three items in the listing to auction.

That was listing 370984616478

As you can see, that listing also offered "free listing" as it should since it was basically copied by your "bulk" system from the original fixed price listing offering "free listing".

However, and this is the bug, while your system reduced the quantity of the original listing from 3 to 2 (as it should) it eliminated the free listing and shipping service from the listing.  That is correct and from what I can see ALL listings using your "bulk" lister have been affected.

Needless to say, my sales are affected negatively since my listings are not seen with free shiupping as they should:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANADA-1970-Christmas-6c-Centre-Block-on-FDC-525i-Unitrade-50-/390739883397?...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

If you check that listing for revisions, your system advises the quantity was changed (your bulk system did that correctly) but there is no indication of changes to the shipping charge or shipping service:

The seller has revised the following item information:

Date Time Revised Information

Jan-12-1406:56:51 PST

Quantity

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It gets worse.

If you search eBay.com for " 525i pierre "  you get:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=525i&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1....

Take a careful look.  The listing on the search result page shows FREE SHIPPING !

Yet when you click on the listing, the "free listing" is gone and your system advises:

Will ship to Canada. Read item description or contact seller for shipping options. | See details

If you click on the "shipping and payment" tab, eBay advises:

Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid ZIP Code

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

PS - The problem appears to be with eBay.ca eBay/cafr only.  The problem does not occur on eBay.com when bulk moving quantity from fixed price to auction.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

A search on eBay.ca for " 522ii fdc " shows the same problem:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X522ii+fdc&_nkw=522ii+fdc&_sacat...

You see two listings of mine: one at auction and one at fixed price

The one at fixed price shows "free shipping" on the search result page (as it should)

However, when you click on the listing - the "free shipping" is gone!

Shipping:

Will ship to Canada. Read item description or contact seller for shipping options. | See details

This fixed price listing was used to create the auction listing seen on the search result page using the bulk listing function (select and send to auction)

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

That problem - first outlined here six weeks ago - has not been solved yet.

Frankly I am not sure which function or system on eBay screws things up.  I can only see the results and it is bad.  It is a site system issue, not a customer service issue.

Another example: listing 370977012533

Original quantity was 11 - offering "free shipping" by Canada Post, 2 were sold leaving 9

The two transactions went smoothly, with the buyer paying with "free shipping".  The listing at that time correctly showed "free shipping" through Canada Post.

In the meantime, all other nine sets were sold directly; so I ended my eBay.cafr listing a few days ago.

Now, and that is the problem as it applies to other listings in a similar situation, if I attempt to either relist or sell a similar item, the "free shipping" and type of service (Canada Post) is gone.  The listing now reads " Will ship to Canada. Read item description or contact seller for shipping options."

It seems that the process of ending a listing (either individually or in bulk) on eBay.cafr somehow changes the shipping method and charge!  Does not make any sense, does it.

By the way, the problem does not exist when ending listings listed on eBay.com.  Even after ending, they retain the correct shipping method and charge information.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply