Problems with new "Unpaid Item Dispute" process

shooger
Community Member
Just over 7 days ago, a buyer bought a BIN item of mine and paid with PayPal. It was for $90. I checked his feedback on a whim, and noticed a lot of FRAUD accusations. Yuck! It seems he likes to buy large value items, have them sent to an accomplice, and then file a Chargeback. Lo and behold, suddenly he sent me an email asking me to mail it to his buddy as a gift. I told him it's a "no sale" and he was upset, left me a negative feedback, and I refunded his full payment. I reported him for fraud, and he was NARUd (also based on false contact info as well). (SIDE NOTE: I'm working on getting the neg removed) Anyway, I went to file for recovery of my fees, and the new system seems to be up and running. But when I input the auction number, it says I'm not eligible because a PayPal payment was made. But since I didn't see a single dime of that payment, I wonder what's going on! Glitch? Or do I kiss my money goodbye?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ospreylinks
Community Member
I am finding the new process a little confusing as well.... but it did seem to get the attention of one of my non-paying buyers (a newbie) who has since responded that payment will be made.

Jeff
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
This new and even old system is so stupid. We have over 100 non-paying bidders a month and its such a pain going through each one and saying whether they didnt contact us, no shipping to another country, blah blah blah...bottom line...they didnt pay!

There should be one buttone, you hit it and they all get sent non-payings alerts and final value fees...but obviously eBay doesnt want to make it easier for us, but harder so we just lose out on all the fees....what a dumb new system.

Just venting because i finished 75 right now and it took forever. 😞

not even going to spell check cause im tired...

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

jhongs
Community Member
I tried to get my FVF back, but all i got now is the message "Dispute Information Unavailable" after i chose close dispute --> I no longer wish to communicate with or wait for the buyer.

They should also be an option where I can delete some of the disputes in there. I don't want to see all 200 non paying bidder disputes in there where most of them are from a few months back.

Jeff
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
Yeah, I think there should be an option to not view the disputes have have come to a conclusion. I'm looking at crap I filed a year ago... and don't even remeber anything about it.

I'm also getting the "info unavailable" message for some of the ones I tried to close. I didn't get a credit for them, but now I can't select anything or even see the dispute.

Also when a buyer is NARU and hasn't paid, usually you could just get your money back right away (after 7 days of course). Now you still have to wait 7 days, but you have to select "buyer is not a registered user" as the reason for the refund. It tells you that you have to wait for confirmation from the buyer before you'll get your refund... but I think you actually get it right away. Why would they wait to hear from a non-member of eBay? I think if the buyer is really NARU, you get the money back. It probably just says that to trick people into not choosing that option because they don't want to let their bad buyer have any say in things.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply