Purolator or UPS shipping calculator for ebay.ca

has anyone ever heard if ebay.ca will add purolator or UPS to the shipping calculator for ebay.ca items.

right now we have canadapost only to choose from, and don't get me wrong it is great for smaller items.

it calculates quickly the cost based on ship from postal code (seller) to the logged in buyer postal/zip code and displays this in the shipping price colum when they do a search for the item.

this system works great and then someone browsing can look down and decide based on the item and shipping what looks good enough to click and view the item.

now the problem is on larger items, i sell motorcycle parts and there are a lot of big bulky (light weight) items.

i don't use Canadapost because i have a much better rate with UPS and purolator but here is the problem

i can only put in 1 shipping price (if i don't choose a shipping calculated option like Canadapost)

so i have to put in the price for the highest US shipping cost (which is to California, as i am in Nova Scotia)

so this works great when someone in Los Angeles searches for an item and i pop up in the search results, they see the price to their state and can decide to click and maybe purchase.  (they don't know that it isn't calculated, it just works out for the zone 4 customers, CA, TX, WA, UT, NV etc west coast)

but the problem is when someone closer views an item, such as someone in zone 1 pricing, NY, ME, NH, CT RI, MA they see this high price and i am convinced now that i am losing sales because i don't even get a click so the buyer can see that i have a note in my auction that says if you are in a lower price state, i will refund down to the correct price for your state.

it causes me to put in and price 4 zones for every large item (vs just the weight and size for small items)

i have been calling ebay for almost 9 years about this, most seem to understand what i am asking, heck they already have UPS on the ebay.com (usa) site and i see they now added fedex, so we know that the ebay software can communicate with shipping company sites for shipping prices, they do it now with canadapost.

so any information on anything anyone has heard would be good, i have tried every way i can think, but nothing changes the fact that the search result shipping price is only 1 block with no notes to tell buyers "hey we have options"

funny blackthorne does have ups options in the list when you fill out the shipping details, but when you submit it comes back with errors about shipping method not available.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Purolator or UPS shipping calculator for ebay.ca

My guess is that there is not enough volume of UPS or FedEx to justify the costs to program and maintain. I asked if UPS would have an eBay shipping calculator for UPS specifically in the last eBay weekly session of Sept 11.

The answer was "At this time there are no plans to make UPS available for calculated shipping on eBay.ca."

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/September-11th-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/144715#U1...

See post 26 in the topic above.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply