Query on April Powersellers contest

fenian
Community Member
G'Day! Received a mysterious phone call from someone claiming to be from an Ontario marketing firm, and stating that I was a "winner" in the Powersellers contest that took place in April (high % increase in sales over March). I don't supply personal family information or my home address to strangers on the phone, so this person sent an email asking for the same info. If the prize is just having a link on the eBay.ca home page to a "store" (I don't have an eBay store), why would anyone need personal information ? I've queried the legitimacy of this via email with Powerseller Support several times (and also forwarded it to "spoof" and to "security") but have had no response or even an electronic acknowledgment from anyone at eBay. Any of you folks know anything about this ?
Sorry for the length of this, and thanks for any reply.
>>>>>>>> Michael
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

muminlaw
Community Member
Michael, any time I've reported anything to spoof I've gotten a reply within minutes, except the odd time when I suspect my emails haven't gotten through. I've noticed that Shaw has been having some email issues lately -- I've been waiting for answers and when I re-email, the recipient hasn't gotten my first message. Maybe try emailing them again, it could be a Shaw problem!

Aside from that, congrats on the high % increase in business from me and himself -- nice job -- but be careful, you might be expected to maintain the higher level!! 😮

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

mahsauction
Community Member
I do remember seeing something about this contest on this board about a month ago.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

mevans_dot_net
Community Member
Its pretty sad we get so many spoof emails that it would take Ed McMahon himself to convince us we'd really won a prize!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

gem-n-i-gemstonz
Community Member
Ed McMahon works for eBay now?!?! No wonder people dont take us seriously! 😉

Gem Am I

The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can't be organized or regulated. It isn't true that everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth. -Ram Dass

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Michael, did you ever hear any more about this contest and what you might have won?

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 6 of 6
latest reply