Question about Unsuccessful Claims openned in Ebay or Paypal

This month I'm not a top rated seller - the reason is because I have 3 openned Buyer disputes via Ebay or Paypal.   None of which were successful.

Ebay states they only include openned cases that pass some kind of test for buyer abuse or fraud.   Can anyone tell me where I go to ask Ebay to remove two of the above openned claims which were clearly buyer abuse.

One for example, the buyer claimed the item was not as described - Ebay or Paypal predictably told him to send it back, and refunded him about 2 weeks later.   The trouble was, he didn't send anything back to me.  Luckily the post office tracking info clearly stated he sent something to an undeliverable address (ie an address that doesn't exist, and whatever he sent, was ultimately returned by the post office to him).    Clearly this was buyer abuse/fraud.  After a bit of work on my end, I got my original payment back.  However this ebay/paypal buyer dispute remains on my account, and is causing me to not be a top rated seller.

A similar second case involved an obvious buyer remorse case - the buyer asked me to refund her just 2 hours after she had paid (and I'd already shipped).  Her reason was her husband told her to!   Translation, the husband told her she couldn't have the item she'd bought and paid for from me.  I asked Ebay for instructions, and was told to not refund the buyer.   About 1 week later the package arrived, and the buyer made a buyer protection claim, stating the item was not as described!   I asked ebay again what to do, and was told to dispute the claim, as its a case of buyer remorse - which I did.   The buyer then left me very damaging negative feedback.   I again phoned Ebay, and asked what I should do now - given that following their specific instructions had caused this problem in the first place.   This time I was advised to offer her money to have her withdraw her negative feedback.  The buyer said she'd withdraw the negative feedback if I gave her a full refund - which I did immediately - she then changed it to a very nice positive feedback instead.  Clearly I'd been screwed.   However, once again, I now have an openned dispute which I closed via payment - which was clearly caused by buyer abuse/fraud.

So my question - how do I get these two unsuccessful buyer protection cases removed from my record so I can be a top rated seller once again?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This time I was advised to offer her money to have her withdraw her negative feedback.

Sounds like the reps are clueless.(again) That's a great way to teach buyers how to get things for free.

Did you wait until you got the item back before you refunded? Every case is different but I would have probably told the buyer to return the item and then I would give them a full refund. At least you then have the item back in your hands.

I'm not really sure how to get the claims taken off of your record or even if its possible. Hopefully someone else can help you.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Are these buyers all in the USA? I had something similar hanging over me when, after I said I would refund, three buyers opened cases pretty much at the same moment I was refunding. I guess they thought that was part of the process. Sigh.

Anyway, because they were in the USA, suddenly I had 3 opened (although immediately settled) cases on my Dashboard. Which led to a 1.37% dissatisfaction rate and a threat of losing my TRS 20% discount.

And just as suddenly although the numbers did not change, it was gone.

A very annoying glitch? A few dozen more US sales? A few dozen more Overseas sales? Putting my Store on vacation for  few days while obsessing about the possible CP strike?

Hmmm - the last one makes no sense at all so it is probably correct. Maybe if I go on vacation again they will make me a Diamond Seller and give me No-Fee listings? B-)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Maybe if I go on vacation again they will make me a Diamond Seller and give me No-Fee listings?

I like the sound of that!  Especially the part about vacation!!  🙂

Message 4 of 4
latest reply