Question about sub-title promotion

On September 16th, eBay.com will lower listing fees for fixed price listings to $0.35 per listing, regardless of value and quantity, and will give sellers 30 day duration at that relatively low price.

Many sellers (myself included) will most likely "move" listings from their eBay store ($0.03/$0.10 per 30 days) to the core site to get higher visibility.

In addition, eBay offers sellers FREE subtitles (and double the FVF rebate for PS) from October 1st to year-end for fixed price listings offering "free shipping".

I looked everywhere, read all announcements but could not find an answer to my question:

Will sellers who list 30 day fixed price listings after September 15th and offer "free listing" be able to revise their listings on October 1st to add free subtitles?

Has anyone seen any answer to this question? If so, could you please provide a link. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

This Sept. 16 change applies to .ca as well, right?
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Yes .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Try one on october 1st and see if they charge you.
if they do, relist everything again for 35 cents, offer free shipping and get free subtitle; double your exposure in the meantime.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

"Try one on October 1st "

There has to be a better way to use eBay as a sales platformn than testing if one gets a promotion on a given day. It would be a lot easier for hundreds of thousands of sellers if eBay simply made the terms and condition of a promotion clear in their promotional material and announcements.

"relist everything again "

That may get rather expensive since I currently plan to move 800+ listings from store to core on September 16th. To waste US$280 in relisting fees (US$0.35 each) to get a free subtitle may not appeal to me and most other sellers. .
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

just list your most popular one then.

at least you'll get double the exposure.

we live in a less than perfect world unfortunately.

i just got rip off again buying a watch from a US seller, got rip off last week buying a laptop from an employee who works for one of the largest law firm in Toronto, need to spend $250 more to upgrade to fedex priority for a heavy shipment from the US because they screw up, and i have to pay for it :(, and fedex has the nerve to charge an extra $10.50 x 2 boxes for something they made up call "admin charge"

damn...
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

There is no such thing as double exposure anymore.

eBay only shows one item in search if more than one listing is available from the same seller. .
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

damn again...
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

The answer to the OP is "no".

Title and subtitle will be locked (as they are now) and one would have to create a new listing in order to add a subtitle.

Permitted changes will be:

Shipping cost & info
Payment info (removing references to cheques & M/O's)
Return policy

Also, the implementation date has been moved forward to October 5.

So, it's only an 11-day thing anyhow. Just create subtitles when re-listing after October 5.

Xena
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

"implementation date has been moved forward to October 5."

I do not see any announcement on eBay.com about a change from October 1st. Where did you get the information? .
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Gold PS telephone support.

The gal had to put me on hold to ask someone more experienced and, when she "got back", informed me that she had just been advised of this change.

An announcement to come or wrong information?

Not that I have aver gotten wrong info from tel. support 😄

Xena
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

"The gal had to put me on hold to ask someone more experienced and, when she "got back", informed me that she had just been advised of this change

"An announcement to come or wrong information?"

It appears you have received the wrong information from eBay customer support staff.

Today's announcement:

"-Starting October 1st and through the end of the year, sellers will get a free Subtitle listing upgrade, and eligible PowerSellers will get double their Final Value Fee discounts for items sold with free shipping." .
Message 12 of 12
latest reply