Question about the price of item I'm selling

I'm sorry to ask this but I'm new. I have an item listed below which I'm selling for 75 US that what is listed as with shipping the shipping is listed as 16 US. My question is when the buyer buys the product when is the shipping cost added? At the checkout is the 16 US dollar added?

Thank you very much.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281241920898?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can make your description more readable by splitting it into paragraphs...

A run-on situation is hard to read.

When someone buys,  they can pay immediately based on your shipping cost ,  even without your sending an invoice...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

AUTHENTIC Carmen Steffens Leather Pump Retail $350US ... Selling for 75US. I’m selling these at a low price for a quick sale.

These are NEW IN THE ORIGINAL BOX, UNWORN, NO FLAWS. MADE IN BRAZIL!!

Shipping :

CANADA: $16.00 sending by with service with a tracking number!

US - $25.00 sending with service with a tracking number! International -

$70.00 sending by International Airmail.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Feedback If You Are Happy With This Purchase Please Leave Positive Feedback.

If There Are Any Problems Please Contact Us As

We Value Customer Service. PLEASE CONTACT me with any questions regarding the auction(s) you are interested in. I check my messages several times daily!

Don't forget to add me to your FAVORITES LIST!!

---------------------------------

Much easier to read.   More pictures would  help ..... showing both shoes from several angles would help... SIZE????... Height of heel... 

Also note that an overuse of capitals  is viewed as yelling....use capitals sparingly. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I agree with everything 'cumos' has said above, and I would add the following: 

• Saying "all sizes" really isn't sufficient.  This could get you into trouble if you have a customer with feet like mine, size 9.5 and a D width.  I would list the actual sizes and widths you have -- if you've still got the boxes, this information should be printed on them.  If you don't have the box, the size is usually printed on the inside of the shoe.  Not all shoes are manufactured in all half sizes either.  Be specific. 
  • With respect to the above, you may get into difficulties trying to sort out exactly what size a particular customer wants to buy.  The buyer will have to communicate with you to get that information - this isn't good, because some buyers will just assume when you say 'all sizes' you mean every possible size.  For example, do you actually have size 12?  Some women have feet that large!  What does such a buyer do?  Commit to buy before knowing if you have that exact size?  If they do, and then find out you don't have, say, size 12 in EEE width, well, you'll have a problem on your hands instead of a sale, and will end up having to hope the buyer agrees to cancel the transaction, or you will have a buyer claim against you right from the start of your selling career.   
  • I would definitely use eBay's multi-variation listing tool for items such as these, where you have several sizes available.  Then explain and/or repeat your size chart in each listing so buyers can easily see what the choices are, and direct them to make their choice from the drop-down box at the top.  This is a much better and safer way of selling things in a variety of sizes.  You may be able to use the "Revise your Listing" feature to turn these into multi-variation listings, or you might have to end the current listings and start fresh.  Believe me, your listings as they now stand are a recipe for problems with buyers
  • More pictures would be wise -- seeing an item from various angles can help make a sale. 
  • A bit more detail about each shoe style would help to "liven up" your listing description -- for example, actually describe the colour, the trimmings, the heel height, the material, the inside lining (many people are sensitive to shoes with synthetics on the inside, as they don't breathe. 
  • I realize inexperienced buyers may not bother to click on the "Shipping Information" tab, but if you really insist on putting shipping information in your descriptions, I would keep those details separated somehow from the description of the item itself.   You'll muddy up and defeat your item description by mixing in shipping details.  Put a heading below your description that says "Shipping Details" and use that to state shipping information.  Keep it simple and clear (use a bullet list or a small chart instead of run-on sentences), and don't forget to change it if you change your shipping costs.  
  • Overall though, it's far better to rely on eBay's shipping tools to do the job of showing your shipping costs, and just put a line of text under each description that says "Please see under "Shipping Information" tab for details on shipping".
  • As far as invoicing is concerned, it looks as if you're using flat rate shipping, which is fine.  As long as you enter your flat shipping costs when you prepare your listings, those costs will be automatically picked up by eBay and added to your customer's purchase order when they confirm a purchase.  You can send a customized invoice if you like, but it's not necessary - the buyer will receive an invoice by email, with a built-in "Pay Now" button that they can click on to complete the payment process.  Once they've done so, the "$" will show up on your "Sold" page an on your transaction records in eBay and Paypal, and Paypal will indicate that it's OK to ship the item to the buyer as soon as payment is made. 

I know eBay makes it sound as if all a new seller has to do is throw up a few pictures and two or three lines of text to be in business, but if you want to stay in business, there are a lot of best practices you should learn that will keep you in eBay's good books and keep you selling.  Study the information under the "Sell" tab, and follow these discussion boards and you'll pick up a lot of essential information.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply