Question for Blackthorne Users

momoftwingles2
Community Member
On September 9/10 (not sure what day) I had refreshed/updated the eBay categories and item specifics. Easy enough done.

After doing so though, I wasn't able to add item specifics for my stickers in any of my new listings NOR could I revise any of my new listings.

John Slocum advised me to upgrade to the newest BETA 3.02.143 which he said would fix the problem. I did. And, it worked.

However, today I had a repeat buyer e-mail me and say, "WHOA...YOUR SHIPPING HAS GONE SKY HIGH!"

I went and looked and saw that her 6 purchases were being charged the FULL shipping for each item. Okay....I sent a note off to BT Discussion and it's been determined that there is a BUG in the BETA! Okay...not a problem...I manually sent an invoice to my buyer and she was thrilled with the correct amount.

Okay...NEW BUYER from Canada...e-mails me and said that she wasn't being given the combined shipping rates and did not see that tax was being added.

Hmmmm, is this another bug? I have my tax table set up in BT Pro. It's there. It's correct.

Am I supposed to have a tax table somewhere else?

I ONLY list on eBay.com

Any suggestions and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I recently upgraded (late) to 3.02.135 due to an issue I was having. Turns out my problem was hardware related, nothing to do specifically with BT.

Since the upgrade I have noticed some odd behavior with the tax calculations as well. I haven't been able to pin down a pattern since some sales to Canadians are having taxes applied correctly and some are not.

I'm not clear why this is happening, I'm under the impression that the tax calculations are totally independent of any settings on eBay but perhaps I'm wrong.

I was going to wait a bit longer before submitting a report to BT support but I'll send one in for Monday morning.

Can't comment on the combined shipping issue as I don't use that function.

For the moment I'm just monitoring the sales closely and manually calculating the taxes where required.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi recped,

Thanks for replying!

I just went in and did the tax tables in eBay.ca I will see if this works.

When I was trying to generate an e-mail to my Canadian buyer from today, it wouldn't automatically put in the tax like it use to.

I guess there are still many bugs to be worked out in the latest Beta.

Susan
Message 3 of 3
latest reply