Questions about International Site Visibility

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi All,

I was perusing the Help Pages for eBay which have proven to be more confusing than helpful after going onto the eBay UK site. I was checking to see if any of my listings showed up there...but me thinks not!

Here is what I found in the help pages:

International site visibility feature
The international site visibility feature allows qualifying listings created on eBay.com to be posted on international sites (such as the U.K. site). Buyers on these sites will see the listings exactly as you originally post them on the U.S. site.

When posting a qualified listing, the international site visibility feature will be offered on the Review Your Listing page of the Sell Your Item form. If you select this feature by checking the International site visibility box, your listing will appear in the search results on selected international sites, along with domestic listings, increasing your exposure to international buyers.

International site visibility requirements
The international site visibility feature only appears in the Sell Your Item form if you meet the following qualifications:

You must have a verified PayPal account associated with your seller account. I DO.
Your listing must offer PayPal as a payment option. I DO.

You must have a Feedback score of 10 or more. I DO.

If you’re listing on eBay.com or eBay.ca, your item’s location country can’t be the U.K. or Ireland. IT'S NOT.

Your item must be posted in an eligible category. IT IS. Ineligible categories include video games, DVDs and movies, hunting knives, auto parts, and vehicles. IT'S NOT.

You must offer shipping to the U.K., Europe, or worldwide. Specifying shipping service to these areas is highly recommended, since listings without specified shipping may be moved to the bottom of Best Match search results. I DO.

Your listing must meet all applicable country policies. I AM SURE THEY DO.

It goes on to say regarding fees:

Availability and fees
Currently, international site visibility is only supported by the U.S., U.K., and Canada sites.

For information on fees, visit our fees page.

We're working on expanding the number of countries we can support through international site visibility. There will be a separate small fee for each country option, so you have exact control over where you want your listings to show up.

Fees aren’t refundable unless your listing doesn’t meet the other country’s requirements.

I use Blackthorne Pro and not eBay's Sell Your Item form. Does that make a difference? I can't imagine that BT Pro would prevent me from having my listings show outside of the US and Canada. I have buyers from around the world.

Am I just so old that I can't figure this out?

Clarification and directions for what I need to do....would be appreciated!

THANKS!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hmmmmmm....hoping that someone will be able to help me out here! I do have international customers. Also, I forgot to mention that I am registered as a business and not as an individual and I double checked to make sure.

Any ideas as to why my listings are not showing up on international sites?

When I looked in the FEE section of Help....nothing of value was there...no pun intended!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

I don't know why your listings aren't showing up. I did a search for a couple of them on the uk site and the de (Germany) site and didn't have any luck. You should be able to see them under "listings from international sellers" at the bottom of the page. That's a free service but perhaps there are only certain categories that they do that for??

The international visibilty feature that you're referring to in your post is for the uk only. If you pay the fee per listing, then your listings would be seen on the uk site with the other uk seller's listings..not at the bottom with international listings.

I think that a lot of people who are willing to buy international do check the .com site though so I'm sure a lot of sales are made through there.
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

I think you've answered your own question, Susan.

You're eligible.

The listing method shouldn't make a difference - as long as the International site visibility box shows up and you check it, you should be okay.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 4 of 33
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
I thought that since I DON'T PAY A FEE that I should be under the *listings from international sellers*, but I'm no where to be found as you mentioned in any eBay outside of .com or .ca.

I did see other US sellers listed in the *listings from international sellers* that's why I was concerned that I'm not there.

I do ship worldwide. I do provide shipping for worldwide.

Thankfully I do have buyers from worldwide...but I'm concerned that I'm not getting the service from eBay WHEREVER that I should and perhaps others aren't as well!

Thanks for looking!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
I think you've answered your own question, Susan.

You're eligible.

The listing method shouldn't make a difference - as long as the International site visibility box shows up and you check it, you should be okay.

I'm looking at my BT Pro ad template and I do have the ship to worldwide box marked as well as I provide shipping to everywhere.

BUT, what I don't see in BT Pro is a specific box that says INTERNATIONAL SITE VISIBILITY so perhaps I need to contact the BT Pro board and find out where the box is hiding!

At least I'm not to old to keep on learning!

Thanks!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

What's the title of the listing? Listing number?
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

There is a problem.

I just checked one of my listings through a search on eBay.uk. they did not show under "worldwide" search.

Yet some of my Canadian competitors did show!

The difference - not sure but I ship "worldwide" while that competitor ships "N. and S. America, Europe, Asia, Australia"

I did another search for another item and it showed OK under the heading: "We couldn’t find results for your exact search; however, we found alternative matches. "

I am very confused. 😞
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Now, doing a more generic search
"CANADA 1994 imprint block NH" (no category specified)
I get the same 14 listings on eBay.uk as I get on eBay.ca

I just don't understand it. Why does it sometimes work (with generic search) and not work with a very specific search (cut and copy listing title)?
Message 9 of 33
latest reply

This one "75 Sheets EXTRA THICK MULBERRY PAPER NATURAL 12x12 SS" does show up as "from International sellers".

That listing was started on April 8th

There is one other listing that started after March 30th, it doesn't show in search but it was revised on the 11th.

All your other listings are old Store listings done before March 31st, also most (all?) of these were revised on the 10th.

Perhaps the fact that they WERE store listings and/or recently revised has something to do with it.

Just throwing out a few guesses........

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Thanks Pierre and recped,

Yes, I only have ever had store listings over the past several years until the BIG CHANGE.

On the 10th I put a lot of listings on sale with the markdown manager.

It is confusing! And, I guess thankfully international buyers DO check out .com!

I finally got around to updating my BT Pro last night to look and see if I had overlooked the box that the eBay HELP pages referred to...but it just isn't there!

Thank you to all of you who have responded!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Sometime in January there was a glitch and all of our listings were no longer featured in a primary UK search. If I remember correctly, it was at the time eBay changed something (fees?).

We caught on to this fairly early (did not see IV charges on our eBay invoice) and bulk-corrected all the listings via eBay.

They all showed up hours later.

Just to clarify Susan. IV is for the UK only and there is a fee.

And, it really works. I just did a search for Cox engines on .uk and, out of the 194 listings displayed, 162 (83%) were our listings. Gotta love it 🙂

Bernie
Message 12 of 33
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Sometime in January there was a glitch and all of our listings were no longer featured in a primary UK search. If I remember correctly, it was at the time eBay changed something (fees?).

We caught on to this fairly early (did not see IV charges on our eBay invoice) and bulk-corrected all the listings via eBay.

They all showed up hours later.

Just to clarify Susan. IV is for the UK only and there is a fee.

And, it really works. I just did a search for Cox engines on .uk and, out of the 194 listings displayed, 162 (83%) were our listings. Gotta love it 🙂

Bernie

Hi Bernie,

I couldn't even find the information for the fees for the IV for the UK! The help pages didn't have any information.

However, even if we don't pay the FEE....we should still show up at the bottom of the page where it shows See Other Items from International Sellers...but I'm not even there....for the most part!

Ugh...this is so frustrating!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Interesting...

I searched for "Scrapbooking Stickers" and there were almost 1,000 listing but no "International" category even at the bottom of the last page.

I then searched "Buttons Galore MOON with STARS Buttons Scrapbooking SS" which is a unique listing of yours. It also did not show up in the UK (0 results) but does show up on .ca and .com.

That is strange...

Bernie
Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Not sure if this is what is causing the problem but the category below does not exist in the UK. I ran into the same with some of my listings as well.

• Crafts >
• Scrapbooking & Paper Crafts >
• Embellishments >
• Buttons & Flatbacks
Message 15 of 33
latest reply

Ok, I did some testing.

It seems the "international Seller" category at the bottom no longer exists, period.

The default setting is UK + any listing where the IV fee has been paid.

On the left is a "Worldwide" option that, when clicked, lists everything worldwide. On one of my searches for our product, listings went from 194 to 679, now including all of my competitors listings when I clicked on Worldwide.

Scary part is, no matter how I search, your listings do not show up at all, period.

Bernie
Message 16 of 33
latest reply

It seems the "international Seller" category at the bottom no longer exists, period.

Hi Bernie, Perhaps if there is a certain amount of listings already, the international category doesn't show up but there still is one. Try searching Juicy Couture midnight or Disney Couture believe.
Message 17 of 33
latest reply

Yes, with that search, the international thing does show up.

Did some searches and it seems as if 30 is the cut-off.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Bernie
Message 18 of 33
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
I just wanted to say that you all are so wonderful! You don't know how much I appreciate the thought behind all of your answers.

Bernie...how much for IV per listing in the UK? I may have to consider this.

I'm going to do some more investigating as well and will include the examples here along with mine when I either talk with support or write to them. I dread either...but will do what I have to do!

THANK YOU!!!!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 19 of 33
latest reply

I did a couple of mock listings and the international visibility box is on the second page of the ebay SYI form. It looks like it is .50 for a fixed price listing and .10 or .20 cents for auctions. I just have a standard store right now so the FP fee might be different for a premium store.
Message 20 of 33
latest reply