Questions about the Global Shipping Program

mwc1942
Community Member

Can not locate postings past page 67, Buyer Central, Questions about the Global Shipping Program.  Last posting shown is from arlene_v to afantiques, dated 06-12-2014.  Have posted my own but can not find them.  Nothing is showing past that date, what happens?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sometimes I can see posts in that thread after the 12th.  Try clicking on the original post "What do others think....." When I do that, it does bring me into the Questions thread and shows newer posts.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Post 1340 out of 1335 is the last one I see on page 67. Make of that what you will. Lumping all GSP posts into one thread has messed up the numbering.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@mwc1942 wrote:

Can not locate postings past page 67, Buyer Central, Questions about the Global Shipping Program.  Last posting shown is from arlene_v to afantiques, dated 06-12-2014.  Have posted my own but can not find them.  Nothing is showing past that date, what happens?

Same here. This has been going on for many days now but eBay doesn't seem to care. I was having the same problem with the Comments thread for a while but that one is viewable again for the time being. God knows how long it will last!

I've been wanting to bring up this problem on the Weekly Board Hour, but that was cancelled this past week and the previous one as well.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

It looks like the moderators are STILL merging threads into the mega GSP Questions thread. Presumably the person who started the "What do others think about international shipping program" thread had a question since it was moved into the Questions thread. (Obviously they did have a question since the thread title itself was a question.)

But how, pray tell, are we supposed to give an answer to this person when we can no longer read any posts made past Arlene's June 12 post? Ebay and the Lithium mods have to know this by now. I guess the boards really are for the benefit of eBay, not that of the "community". Why am I not surprised?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

arlene_v
Community Member

MWC ... in no time at all this question of yours will be merged with the Questions thread and then the new question will be where is this question?  

No question about it, Charles Dodgson could not have trumped eBay's circuitous way of dealing with GSP questions.  

I hope this answers your question. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Sometimes I can see posts in that thread after the 12th.  Try clicking on the original post "What do others think....." When I do that, it does bring me into the Questions thread and shows newer posts.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Not 100 % sure if you were referring to this but it does work.

Appears there is now two pages numbered 67, if the page above was changed to #68 would that not fix the mix up?  Trying to access previous pages [example #64] from this link will result in a dropped connection and one must then reconnect to it.

Thanks to everyone for the input

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It works, but only when a new post is merged into one of the mega threads. For instance, this morning I'm able to see the new posts made to the Comments thread for the first time in four days, because a thread was merged into the Comments thread in the last  few hours.

But I'm still unable to see any post made to the Questions thread after Pierre Lebel's post from June 16, 9:27 AM. Can anyone see the more recent posts? If not, does eBay even care that the more recent questions can no longer be seen and, therefore, can no longer be answered?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I can see the latest (I assume) posts

Firefox and win7

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@afantiques wrote:

I can see the latest (I assume) posts

Firefox and win7

Firefox and Windows 7 here too. I tried it on Chrome as well and got the same result.

When I posted this morning, I could see the latest posts on the Comments thread.  But now I'm back to where I was before. The last post I see on the Comments thread is MWC1942's post #3380 from June 15, 6:14 PM. The posts I was able to read this morning are now hidden again.

The last post I can see on the Questions thread is Pierre Lebel's post #1360 from June 16, 9:27 AM.

This is silly. What's the point of having a board if posts can't be read?

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

You're right, it is very silly that the newer posts seem to be 'hidden'

Someone should mention it at the next weekly board meetings since the board mods don't seem to have reported it.

Another temporary solution -- Right now if you look at the threads in Buyer Central, you'll see who posted last on the the Questions and/or Comments thread. When you click on that person's id you will see a list of their recent posts. If you click on their post on the thread that you want to go into it, it should show you the ones that you can't see otherwise.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Now I am not seeing anything after 3380 despite havingh seen stuff dated the 19th earlier

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

And we should wonder why changes don't occur regarding the GSP listings?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply