Questions for all you powersellers

nadocs
Community Member
Hey,

Just wondering what kind of ebay management system and software you all use, particularly in relation to accounting, but also for shipping, payment processing etc as well. At the moment I'm just using ebay selling manager and handling alot of stuff by hand, but I would like a system that relists my unsold auctions at certain times, relists sold auctions when sold at a certain time, etc...

Also, does anyone know a good canadian online source for kraft paper?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
nadocs
I used to be in the paper business. Tell me what city you live in and I may be able to tell you the names and addresses of some local merchants that deal in Kraft.

Depending on how much you need and for what purpose, it may be worth your while to go to a "Jobber" and purchase a large quantity of 'off-spec' paper.

Sorry I cant help you with your other request, I dont use any eBay management software. Someone will come to your rescue however shortly.

Malcolm
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
I use "Sold" by timbercreeksoftware. I like it. There is a 30 day free trial.

Rob
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

There a lot of very good programs out there. Some excel where others lack. It all depends on your individual needs. For me it is Shooting Star for Auction Management and The Poster Toaster for listing auctions.

Michael
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I use Sellers Manager Pro and Sparedollar.com

To keep track of Emails so they never get lost . I use x1.com . This program works really well for the customer who forgets to add the auction # . Also if you file NPB reports , before you file you can look up the customers email from sellers manager pro. Then you can see if they have comunicated with you . You can do this (kind of) look up with MS outlook express . However with large emails Outlook will hang . This program is free and has no spy wear, and it is extermly fast , if you have a 7 digit # . By the time you hit the last digit , it has pulled all the Emails with this auction #

You may want to look at auctionworks.com for what you are looking at . It has a huge learning curve , but once you have it down . It will save you time . However if your items vary all the time . I would recommend Sparedollar.com $5.00 with no % on the ending sale
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

mirakbiz_inc
Community Member
I switched to Auction Works and I really like it

You can get an extra week of free trial using me as reference... give them a trial I used many packages (including Andale and SA pro before landing with Auction Works)
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

gem-n-i-gemstonz
Community Member
Hi Mirakbiz and Chic_Shopper,

Of these programs you are using, which one(s) would handle stuff like "waiting for m.o. to arrive", etc. I have no problem managing with stuff paid on paypal, but once they start with m.o.'s, I have to keep all kinds of little bits of paper so that I know when it arrived, and item was sent out, and I have to keep a handwritten list of the m.o.'s I am waiting for. Is one of the programs you are using able to handle that sort of thing?

Thanks!

Jaqui

Gem Am I

The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can't be organized or regulated. It isn't true that everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth. -Ram Dass

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

nadocs
Community Member
amberwood, I'm located in Vancouver and I just need the paper to wrap up tshirts for shipping, I don't see a point in using hard boxes for those since they're "soft" goods.

thanks, I'll take a look at some of the programs you guys suggested.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Jacqui,

Check out Shooting Star. You can find it here. It will do what you want and a whole lot more. There is a 30 day free trial. It will send out end of auction emails, reminders, keep track of who has paid, how they paid and when they paid, print invoices and leave feedback just to name a few.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
Nadocs, I'm in Vancouver also. I buy from Empire Distributors approx $23.00 for 40lb Kraft 36" x 900 feet.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

nadocs
Community Member
How would I get a hold of them labels4less?
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
First let me State I hate money order !!!!!!

Keeping back up paper work is a great idea . This is what I do with money orders . I use sellers Manager pro, once the item comes in I mark it as paid within sellers manager pro. At that point any time I return , to look at the file it will state the date it was paid in sellers Manager Pro. I then email the customer , the payment arrived automated letter in Sellers Manager Pro . Once packed I email them the letter in Sellers Manager Pro

http://www.urbanhouseimports.com/ebayphotos/sellerspro.jpg

above shows the item marked on sellers manager pro

http://www.urbanhouseimports.com/ebayphotos/1x.jpg

Above is the x1.com program
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

gem-n-i-gemstonz
Community Member
Hi Chic-shipper and PhoebesCollectibles,

Thanks for your answers! I will check out those ideas and see which one fits the best for me.

I dont love m.o's either, but they do carry the advantages of no chargebacks, and no Paypal fees. On the other hand, paypal is very handy for getting the money fast, and is easy to keep track of. I really wish Paypal would institute a system whereby the seller could set it up that thier customer pays the fees. [Then there is the other Paypal wish...that they would take a better look at what they are "offering" Canadian sellers(I was just looking at one of the payments I got from Canadian customer, and it is not eligible for seller protection...because she is in Canada?!?!)] Anyway, I digress....

I will check out those suggestions.

Thanks, and take care,

Jaqui

Gem Am I

The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can't be organized or regulated. It isn't true that everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth. -Ram Dass

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

spidermanuj
Community Member
And if none of these programs suit your needs - I can develop a suitable custom solution for you. I live in Vancouver also.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I use nothing.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply