Received parcel that's not mine. How do I contact eBay?

Today I received a parcel that isn't mine.  The mistake was made by Pitney Bowes.  The top label is my name and address, but the original label underneath, made by the seller, is for someone else.  I can't find any info in the Help and Contact section for such a problem.  Does anyone know a phone number for ebay that I can call.  There was also no info in the parcel as to who the seller was.  Also, someone else now has my parcel.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Have you contacted the seller?  Or maybe sellers if you ordered from one but the parcel you received is from another.  A seller would want to know because they have to send messages of apology to you and the other buyer. 

If you file a Not As Described claim for a GSP item usually you don't have to return it and you get a full refund when it is a GSP mistake.  But you still want your item and so does the other buyer. 

Users here have gotten in trouble for posting phone numbers but maybe you could Google "Pitney Bowes phone number" and see if that helps. 

This is not the first time this has happened and I think in the other case the 2 buyers just mailed each other their parcels but if I can find another case I will post it and any info. 

First let the seller(s) know whats going on.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

That is tricky. Where it is obvious this is Pitney Bowes mistake, you will still have to contact your seller and open an Item Not As Described case making it very clear the wrong order was sent to your via Pitney Bowes.

But you're saying that this item is so random that you have literally no idea which order it might have been that you received in error? Can you narrow it down by purchases made through the Global Shipping Program? These are the ones Pitney Bowes involves themselves in. You would have had to pay import fees. 

The contact numbers for ebay are at the top and bottom of each page when you view it on a desktop computer. Some of the Customer Service reps are not as knowledgeable as one might hope so come back to the Discussion Board with any more details you can share and we will try to point you in the right direction before you call. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply