Received wrong item that seller doesn't sell

Ordered item from seller in Florida, money taken, etc, etc, and then when item gets here it's completely wrong item. Contacted the seller and they say they don't sell that item and that they'll look into it. They have a feedback score of 993 and only 4 negative reviews in the past year. What do I do here/am I protected by ebay for a refund or anything? From what I can tell there might have been a screw up at Pitney Bowes/packages got messed up. Not really sure what to be doing in this case as I do trust them as a seller but I'm also out $60 for something I never got and this is my first time ordering from ebay haha.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No matter what the seller says, and I suspect he is just as confused as you are, file an Item Not As Described claim. As noted , that link is under Customer Support.

The refund process is complex behind the curtain, but you should get your money back with no problems.

Behind the curtain, the seller will not be affected (since the error is obviously not his) and Paypal will be getting reimbursed by Pitney Bowes who run the Global Shipping Program.

If the item were over $20 some sales tax and duty may have been included in your payment. PP and PB will be fixing that up too.

Usually there is no requirement to return these goofed up purchases.

And now you have your refund, and the seller retains your original payment. You can try an new purchase from the seller, but you might want to discuss with him shipping by USPS First Class International. This service gives him Delivery Confirmation and handles up to four pounds of product. It may also be cheaper if CBSA and Canada Post don't assess it for tax and duty.

If the purchase were over $100, the GPS may be cheaper. Talk to your seller.

You have 60 days from purchase to leave FB.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

file a claim in resolution centre.thats under customer support at top of page ,right corner.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

No matter what the seller says, and I suspect he is just as confused as you are, file an Item Not As Described claim. As noted , that link is under Customer Support.

The refund process is complex behind the curtain, but you should get your money back with no problems.

Behind the curtain, the seller will not be affected (since the error is obviously not his) and Paypal will be getting reimbursed by Pitney Bowes who run the Global Shipping Program.

If the item were over $20 some sales tax and duty may have been included in your payment. PP and PB will be fixing that up too.

Usually there is no requirement to return these goofed up purchases.

And now you have your refund, and the seller retains your original payment. You can try an new purchase from the seller, but you might want to discuss with him shipping by USPS First Class International. This service gives him Delivery Confirmation and handles up to four pounds of product. It may also be cheaper if CBSA and Canada Post don't assess it for tax and duty.

If the purchase were over $100, the GPS may be cheaper. Talk to your seller.

You have 60 days from purchase to leave FB.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply