Regarding 30 days for one low fee!

Greetings and Merry Christmas to all! Just wondering if anyone has heard if Ebay is planning to make their "30 days for one low .35 cent fee" promotion a permanent option in 2009? I snooped a bit but could find no info on this.
Mondothanks! 🙂
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

As far as I know it has always been intended as "permanent".

At least as permanent as anything on eBay can be.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

LOL

If that is true, then I bet they will do away with the Store listings first under the heading "not used by members".

Dealing with the public has never been easy but who would have thought that the biggest stress contributer would be the very organization that makes their living off our business?
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

They are likely to modify the Stores set-up as they have done in Italy and the UK.

I don't think they will "do away" with stores per se, there are still probably at least 80 million store listings.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi recped,

Curious...what have they done in Italy and the UK with their Stores set-up? I thought they had completely done away with them there.

Susan
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

What's peoples opinion on 30 days. I sell in competitive markets where I'm only one of many. I prefer to list 7 days since I feel 30 days is a signal that my item doesn't have good value since it's not expected to sell quickly.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I don't use FP30 (any FP) simply due to the FVF fee structure.

That said, FP30 is best for multi-quantity listings or slow movers that could use the extra exposure time.

For single items you expect will sell FP7 may be a better option although I'm going strictly with Auctions with BIN for those situations.

FP30 was intended to bring Store listings back to the Core, not necessarily to extend 7 day Core listings.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Recped,

What have they done differently with stores in the UK or elsewhere?

For sure, I can't see having 4000 listings on FP30 at .35 each. That would be a whopping eBay bill each month in the amount of $1400 US or CDN. Either way...OUCH!

Are they closing stores down elsewhere and intend to follow suit here?

Any info would be appreciated!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I'm not up on all the details (since I don't have a store) but the gist of it I think is that in Italy & the UK they have done away with stores (or shops as they call them) and replaced them with a tiered flat fee for Fixed Price listings (ie: $20 for 200 listings).

It's something like this and perhaps different slightly between UK/Italy but you could check the UK site for the specifics.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Thanks, recped!

Will do!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi recped,

Okay...just looked up info about eBay UK stores and from what I see on their information pages...it's the exact same as for stores in the US or Canada. Only difference...they use pounds.

I wonder if their pages are up to date.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Here's one key difference...

All items listed through a Shop will appear in main search results

Specific info on how shops were changed

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/pricechange08/#shops

The monthly fees for a basic show increased 2 1/2 times.

Essentially it's no more shops but you can get dramatically reduced listing fees for FP in core for a flat monthly fee.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

"What's peoples opinion on 30 days. I sell in competitive markets where I'm only one of many. I prefer to list 7 days since I feel 30 days is a signal that my item doesn't have good value since it's not expected to sell quickly."

I like the 30 day fixed price and am taking advantage of it with my higher priced items and am offering free shipping (or shipping included) on most. It's working well. I have auction items running for 7 days which brings traffic in to see my other items.

As for stores, 30 days are good but for the same reasons as you I do not do good 'til cancelled. The most movement in my store items comes after the items have ended and I have relisted them. Many faithful buyers run searches on what's "new".
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

ecbluestar
Community Member
I don't use FP30 (any FP) simply due to the FVF fee structure.

recped, I don't get it, eBay charges me the same FVF for 7 and 30 days...
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

That's right which is why I no longer use Fixed Price, the FVF's in the Media category for FP are almost double what they are for Auctions.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi recped,

Thanks for the link. That was an eye-opener and a 1/2!

On another note....WOW...lots of snow came down yesterday here in Ottawa. Absolutely beautiful but the freezing rain....ugh!

I guess my husband is getting tons of snow back home in Sask as well.

And, my Dad in Virginia Beach is blaming their 50 and 60 degree weather on Ontario! *S*

Have a good one!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

In the UK FP30 listings are for sellers that have no store...

There are still three levels of stores... Monthly fee plus insertion fee.

The fee is adjusted with each store level... such that with more listings it is advantageous to move up to the next level for a store..

There is much more... and I do suspect this will come to eBay US and eBay Canada sometime in 2009... maybe even as early as January.

The format for search in store would disappear...and all of the listings would show in one search.

Just look at the headings about the listings...

--------------------

All items

Auctions only

Buy it now only

----------------------

And see where each tab takes you.

FP30 was a transition to the new eBay...

If we look at each of the changes in fee structure over the past year or so... and without a major change in total monthly fees paid... then the same should apply with all subsequent fee changes...
Message 17 of 17
latest reply