Relisting item as sell similar

I have a number of items that have expired under an auction type listing. They have been re-listed before and I seemed to have gotten RELIST option after they expired. They now show SELL SIMILAR which I try to do but I get flagged as trying to sell similar at the same time and can't proceed even though I don't have an active listing like it. What are the rules for this? Can I only relist a fixed number of times and then have to go to a FIXED PRICE type auction? Do I have to delete the listing and go through a full listing again?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I should also add that I tried to relist as a fixed price item and got the following message. This listing cannot be edited or relisted because it was not created on this eBay site.

This is not true as all my listings have been created within eBay. Any insight would be appreciated.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

EBay has restrictions on the number and value of items that are offered by new and occasional sellers.

You have received feedback on less than 10 sales in the past 12 months. That is one of the restrictive criteria.

You are also selling camera parts, one of the high end categories that also attracts restrictions.

These may be the reasons you are having trouble putting your items up again. It's not the item, it's the restrictions on "new" sellers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Check the url of your editing page in ebay. It probably shows something like bulksell.ebay.ca

When listing items for sale in the US, that url needs to be bulksell.ebay.com 

So, my guess is that you have an ebay account not initially registered in the US and listings are now being made in  the US. 

Change the .ca or whatever shows to .com and it will work. I know, I just tried it!!!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
latest reply