Resolution Number

wiseguys51
Community Member

I bought an item that didn't show up as described, then I found out the transaction # was wrong so I couldn't go any further, then I phoned and when he found out I was from Canada he transferred me to outer space somewhere. Then I found out you are only allowed 1 phone call. So I am totally frustrated with service from E-Bay and the none stop circle getting no where. Doesc anybody know how to help me ?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Resolution Number

In what way was the transaction 'wrong'?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Resolution Number

First- did you Contact the Seller? This is more a courtesy than anything else, but sometimes the seller will correct the problem without involving eBay.

If he does, ask for a refund, not a replacement. No matter how nice he seems. And especially not if he is in China. It will not go well.

There would be an eBay listing number.

Look on your Purchases list. The number will be in the title section.

Ignore the phone calls.  You don't need to talk to a person, eBay has a straightforward Resolution system.

Go to Customer Service up there top right. On the drop down,  click on Resolution Centre.

Click on Item Not As Described.

It will take you to a new page. Enter the listing number you got from your Purchases page.

Both you and the seller will be working with a mediator. Who is a robot, but don't get upset.

The seller can now agree to refund you.

You will be instructed to return the item to the seller with Delivery Confirmation. This is Expedited or ExpressPost. And yes, it can be expensive, but if you don't use DC you will not be refunded.

The seller may agree to photographic proof of the problem. He may agree that a return is not necessary.

When the item is shown to be returned, Paypal will refund you and go after the seller for the money.

All this takes about four days, plus the time needed for the return of the item.

No phone calls needed.

If your seller is in the USA and shipped using the Global Shipping Program, the action behind the scenes is different, but the result for you is the same. You get your money back, including duty and taxes.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Resolution Number

an item that didn't show up as described,

Umm -- grammar?

Not As Described or Not Received?

If the item has not been delivered and more than 30 days have passed, still start with the Customer Support> Resolution Centre but choose Item Not Received.  Refunds are a little faster with this kind of dispute.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply