SCAM Air Ionizers

Hello all, sorry if this topic has already been covered - I'm new to this. There is a HUGE scam going on here with those little "air ionizers" or "air fresheners" that plug into the car's cigarette lighter socket. I've bought many, many of these over the years, and they work OK. Suddenly, I'm being shipped total FAKES - look the same but nothing inside except a blue LED that lights up to make them look real. I bought from 3 different vendors - all fakes. BTW, I'm an electronics engineer, but anyone can spot a fake by unscrewing the top of the case. Amazon is also selling the same fakes. eBay is taking the attitude that if the buyer happens to spot it and complains, and the seller refunds the money, then the case is closed. REALLY? This is the limit of eBay's buyer protection? I'd appreciate any response from the community - thanks very much for your time.

Gerry Schneider

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

SCAM Air Ionizers

You can warn other buyers by leaving appropiate feedback.

After the sellers feedback score gets low enough they will be removed from eBay.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

SCAM Air Ionizers

@bazookaball123 wrote:

Hello all, sorry if this topic has already been covered - I'm new to this. There is a HUGE scam going on here with those little "air ionizers" or "air fresheners" that plug into the car's cigarette lighter socket. I've bought many, many of these over the years, and they work OK. Suddenly, I'm being shipped total FAKES - look the same but nothing inside except a blue LED that lights up to make them look real. I bought from 3 different vendors - all fakes. BTW, I'm an electronics engineer, but anyone can spot a fake by unscrewing the top of the case. Amazon is also selling the same fakes. eBay is taking the attitude that if the buyer happens to spot it and complains, and the seller refunds the money, then the case is closed. REALLY? This is the limit of eBay's buyer protection? I'd appreciate any response from the community - thanks very much for your time.

Gerry Schneider

Hi bazookaball123,

You're welcome to drop me an email with the item numbers & seller IDs so I can have our Trust & Safety team take a look.

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

SCAM Air Ionizers

OK Kalvin, I've sent you the email as requested. Keeping my fingers crossed that something positive comes out of this. There are THOUSANDS of buyers being scammed as we speak!

Gerry

Message 4 of 4
latest reply