SECOND OFFERS

Hi,   I bid on a item a purse.  It started out at $99.00 and myself and another buyer kinda got into a bidding war.  I had sent the seller a email asking the measurements of the item.  Well I finally backed off  and let the other buyer have it.  The other bidder cancelled her transaction with the seller.  Now the seller says I have won the item and it is on my purchase list and to please send in my payment to paypal.  The seller also sent me the measurements in another email after the listing had ended. In which it is not large enough for me.   I thought if a buyer canceled a purchase that the seller sends you a second chance offer & it is up to you weather you want it or not.  Or do I have to send in the payment to paypal.   Could someone please get back to me A.S.P. as I don't want it as it is way to much money and to small in it's size.  Help me please

Thank-You Barb

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

SECOND OFFERS

Second chance offers are issued after an auction has ended and

the high bidder doesn't pay or the seller has more than 1 of the item.

In this case the high bidder retracted their bid before the auction

ended and you as second highest bidder won the item,

You should ask the seller the questions before you bid,

Maybe the seller will offer you a mutual cancellation other wise

you are on the hook for an almost $600.00

You may have a way out if you file a complaint with ebay that the high bidder made an illegal

bid retraction.

This bidder has made

Bid retractions (6 months):

which is an excessive amount of retractions.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

SECOND OFFERS

You may also try to inform ebay the possibility of shill bidding

on this auction.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

SECOND OFFERS

If you don't pay here is what will happen.

Maybe.

The seller opens an Unpaid Item Dispute. If you do not pay, you get a Strike and the seller gets his fees back. Neither of you can leave feedback.

And that's basically it.

Except.

Have you lost an Unpaid Item Dispute before? If you have two or more Strikes in a year, many if not most sellers will automatically Block you from bidding. We don't want deadbeats.

If you have only one and never get another the Strike will disappear next July.

Or if it is your first ever, you can ask eBay to remove it, because everyone makes mistakes.

However.

If the seller is shilling his auctions (which means he has a friend bid listings up then withdraws leaving the underbidder as winner) he might not want to draw any attention and will just move on.

Or he may offer you a Mutual Cancellation instead. This has the advantage of being a friendly end to an unwanted transaction. The kicker is that both of you can leave feedback. He may be nervous of what your feedback will be. More so if he has a guilty conscience.

You have up to four days before he can open the UID. And four more to consider your actions. Don't rush yourself.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply