Search Standings

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Curious! Did they change the levels of SEARCH STANDINGS?

I thought there use to be RAISED, STANDARD and LOWERED.

I'm asking because while all of my numbers everywhere I look are higher than in previous months and I had RAISED standing in SEARCH, I now have STANDARD.

And, I notice there is NO RAISED! There's a choice between STANDARD or LOWERED!

Is this because you are either going to be a PS/TRS or nothing with the PS/TRS getting STANDARD placement and others getting LOWERED?

Any info out there?

Susan
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Search Standings

Were you on dotCANADA?

We only go up to Standard. On the US site we can make Raised.

Only in Canada you say?
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Search Standings

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hmmmm..you may be right! I very rarely go on .ca, but I bet I was!

I'll take a peek and see!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Search Standings

I noticed that a day or 2 ago Susan. I couldn't find any place on either .ca or .com where it showed the status. I'm not sure when it disappeared because I don't check it that often.

Judy
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Search Standings

momoftwingles2
Community Member
I went and looked on .com and can't find the Search Standing at all. I went and looked at .ca and I can't find it there either.

Now, I know it was somewhere! But, for the life of me, I can't remember where I found it the first time!

Oh, well....can't do anything about it!
Susan
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Search Standings

Take a look at this http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/seller-dashboard.html#summary
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Search Standings

Susan, .ca was always either standard or lowered. They didn't have a raised like .com

It is odd that I can see my status on .ca on my Seller Dashboard Summary but it has disappeared on .com

Pierre, do you see yours on .com?
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Search Standings

The link I provided above shown what the dashboard should lokk like.

At this time, neither .ca or .com show the "Search Standing".
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Search Standings

UPDATE - answer from eBay on the "Selling on eBay" board"

"The search visibility is site specific and since it is now directly linked to seller standards (calculated differently for most sites), it was removed from the main page of the Dashboard to avoid confusion (as you know, the Dashboard presents the information relative to your "home site" based on registration address).

The best way to evaluate your search visibility is to check your seller performance.

For the US, you will get increased visibility if you have the TRS status on eBay.com, and have regular visibility as long as you are not below the minimum standards to sell on eBay.com (based on low DSR count). You can see this in the seller performance section of the dashboard.

For Canada, we do not promote based on standards. Sellers might only be demoted if they fall below the minimum Canadian standards to sell on eBay.ca. (based on average DSR).

This change was made to avoid giving confusing and potentially contradictory information."
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Search Standings

I can see it in Selling Manager on .ca but not on .com.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply