Searching in auctions...where did "Most Bids" go?

Why,why,why, does ebay keep making unnecessary changes to make things more difficult?

May not be a big deal to most, but i nightly do a "Most bids" search on a certain category of interest to me. That

search will often bring me to harder to find or rare items i am looking for... Well tonight that option has disappeared.

Why?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Most bids?  I didn't even know such an option existed.  Can you tell me where to find it?  LOL! Obviously I don't buy enough.  🙂 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Example you have make a search for stamps.. top right of the page you will see a "Sort" option, it will give you certain options like

"Time: Newly listed" or "Ending soonest" and more. Well there was a "Most bids" option in there if you had clicked the auctions only option.

Tonight it is gone. I loved that feature. Easiest way to find hard to find or rare items. Hope it is a glitch but knowing ebay it

is just another way to make life harder here.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Wow, thanks.  Learn something new every day.  I have never seen that but admit I never looked.  How long has been there?  

It may just be a glitch because things do seem to come and go but also sometimes real good things go forever.  You can always ask at the Weekly Board Hour tomorrow if the Most Bids option has not shown up by then. See if eBay has decided to chop it or not:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

This is part of eBay's ongoing quest to make searching completely useless.

I noticed last night that this option had disappeared. It was something I used quite frequently. 

Quite often items that are rare or unusual will attract some bids so this was a way to find items of potential interest among the reams of relisted **bleep** that no one will ever care about. 

After making the "Searches you follow" page almost totally useless eBay seems bent on making searching ever more difficult. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just called and the rep wasn't really of any help. He didn't seem to understand what i was saying until i sent him to the

US site where that option still works.

If they purposefully removed this they are complete idiots. If it's a glitch nobody seems to know about it and i can't talk to anyone who knows what's going on.

Heck, i just tried the France ebay and it works.

Can't sell in US$ here... and now can't even do a proper search here. (Canada)

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hmm interesting - I never knew that option even existed.  My lesson for the day.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply