Security warning! Seller beware....

motionmech101
Community Member

HI I just had potential hackers just try to access my Ebay account.

Not sure where to send this amongst Ebay as all I seem to get are automated systems with -in Ebay so I will post here as I think it is important they are aware and others as well.

I have had 2 threats so far in the past 3 days regarding a buyer claiming they never received there goods and have paid for the goods, they leave a fake item I.D & link which when clicked on brings you to a log-in window looking like the Ebay log in window but really you are being re-directed to a window that will allow the hacker to get your log-in and password.

Has anyone else had this happen. Ebay if you are monitoring please send out a warning!:-(

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Security warning! Seller beware....

When you get an email like this one, DO NOT click on any links within it.  Just click on the email itself and forward it to spoof@ebay.com.  If you get an email regarding PayPal about which you are suspicious, forward it to spoof@paypal.com.

This is a phishing email which definitely is an attempt to get your information.  If it isn't in your Messages on eBay then it isn't from eBay.  I have had many of this type of email since selling on eBay.  You just have to be wary and answer the messages through eBay messaging.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply